• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fc3?

Z

ZeroSixty

I know it's not yet listed but can 7.5 be installed on Fedora Core 3?

After testing it a couple of times I now have the FC2 build running on a FC3 production server.

Basically the RPM installation works (you can't use the auto installer), and I haven't had a problem for about 2 months now.

So far I have found 2 things that don't work without modification:

1. Plesk Updater doesn't work (it will say you have FC3 and the plesk build is for FC2)
2. Mailman can't be found. This is easily fixed by changing the psa.conf file so that the value for Mailman points to the new mailman dir and not the old one. Or, you could simply install a FC2 build of Mailman.

So, all in all, yeah, it will work.

Hi Redah,

I have FC3 and PSA 7.5.2 running Mailman from FC2, but I'd like to upgrade it.

I have tried to change the directory in psa.conf, but it didn't work...

Can you please tell us the name of the directory for a standard installation?

Thank you very much!

the FC3 version has changed layout for mailmain, distributing parts in /usr where before it was entirely self contained in /var/mailman. This is something that PSA as it is right now wont be able to handle.

Originally posted by atomicturtle
Yeah you can use yum to install it, Ive just added an FC3 repo for PSA 7.5 to my archive. Repo files are here:

http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/yum/repos/

I added the repos to /etc/yum/yum.repos.d andidid "yum install". Seemed to come in ok but I now have some local difficulty...earlier attempt s to install it the non-yum way have left me in a catch-22 situation, cant upgrade unless the psa db is present, can't install because upgrade needed...

[root@xxx ~]# rpm -q psa
psa-7.5.2-fc2.build75050128.11
[root@xxx ~]# rpm -e psa
packagemng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Unknown database 'psa'
packagemng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Unknown database 'psa'
packagemng: Unable to connect to the mysql database
error: %trigger(psa-7.5.2-fc2.build75050128.11.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

I created an empty psa db s a test and the errors then went on to complain about table entries. Urgh! just want to let yum work its magic. I also did yum remove psa and it installed a package called psa-sve before reporting the above errors. Anyone seen this before please, or got any tips/brute force way of removing plesk totally so I can do a clean install?

Back