• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FC4 and 8.0.1 up grade new problem

M

mrosanbalm

Goodmorning guys,
New to group, and first post, so I will try my best to explain

We just upgraded our server on 1and1 Fedora Core 4 from Plesk 8.0 to 8.0.1 and the machine is still working fine, however plesk is shot. After logging in, the Plesk logo comes up but nothing else. Blank screen below the logo. Its like a frame loads fine, but nothing else. We do not experiance any other problems as described in other threads. This one is new as far as I can tell. (Of course what do I know) We actually got a call into SWsoft, and they have never seen this before. If anyone has an idea, everyone here in IT would love to hear about it.

Thanks very much in advance!!!

Mike

New information

We just found the problem...
After we upgraded to 8.0.1 from 8.0 the authentication process seems to have failed. For what ever reason, when we went to SWsoft's site to finish the upgrade, their site sends some kind of update file. We traced it back to their file on our machine, it looked as though it was not correct, so we manually modified the file. I don't have the exact file or specifics, another staff member actually did the modification, and if anyone should need the details I would be happy to forward to them.

Thanks to all who took the time to read our post,

Mike

Back