1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Fear of 8.0.1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by carliebentley, Jun 22, 2006.

1. carliebentley

carliebentley Guest

Okay, after the problems I encountered with the upgrade from 7.5.4 to 8.0 through the control panel, I'm fearful of the upgrade to 8.0.1

I realize there are certain improvements, but it may be quite a while before I attempt the upgrade.

I'm running RHE and I finally got almost all of the problems worked out. I still have issues and concerns with qmail and smtp authorization, but the firewall module has helped with the worst offenders.

Until someone chimes in with "It's perfectly safe and flawless." I'm happy to run 8.0.

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

While major version upgrades (like Plesk 7.5 -> 8) can be painful, minor upgrades and especially x.0.1 releases are usually a very good idea to install since they iron out the bugs since the x.0.0 release.

If you don't trust updates, run a separate testing box. I'm running 8.0.1 on a couple of boxes just fine.

3. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    I agree with breun, go ahead and update your server. The only problem I've had or heard of is that webmail gets broken. But the fix is real easy, once the update is complete run:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -a

Everything will be OK.