1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request: When Enabling Redirect on Mailbox, Present Option to Clear Mailbox

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by eugenevdm, Jan 30, 2007.

1. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    On our system, every time our clients enable a redirect on their mailboxes, we get a support call.

Not immediately, but within about a month or two.

Reason: We have limits on how large mailboxes can be. Clients enable re-directs but don't realise mailboxes needs to be removed.

At least Plesk should warn our clients about this and present options that asks:

(1) Do you want to disable the mailbox for this user?, and
    (2) Do you want to clear the old mailbox for the user?

Without clearing the mailbox the client will still get disk space warnings, and even worse, rejected e-mail because the mailbox could get full!

Please assist by providing a better warning and / or additional options whenever a redirect is enable on a mailbox.

2. danliker

danliker Silver Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

43%
    that's a good idea, we have the same "problem"

3. thewolf

thewolf Regular Pleskian

57%
    This would be a great feature, I hope it's added to next Plesk version.

Thanks.

4. SHGreg

SHGreg Guest

I'm all for this too :)

5. Mediajunkies®

Mediajunkies® Guest

what about the ability to set the length of time email is kept on the server?