1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Feature-requests for Plesk expand

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.0 and Legacy General Discussion' started by Cranky, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Cranky

Cranky Guest

What features do you want to see in future Expand versions?

2. evst

evst Guest

FreeBSD

Here is my 2 c. for expand for FBSD

3. mbAndy

mbAndy Guest

Bandwidth/unit of time data

Pass a domain name in with a date (ex: "yesterday") and have it return the bandwidth used for that date or date range…

4. GMoore7

GMoore7 Guest

I would like to see the price come down... $300 is a LOT of money to spend for a multi-server manager like that..

~Garrett

5. akaplan

akaplan Guest

I would like to see different admin levels.
    Something like this:

1: Full admin
    2: senior admin: add/delete domains/change passwords/restart services (but nothing else)
    3: junior admin Read only access to data

6. GWDGuy

GWDGuy Guest

Should allow the End-User to be able to access any server from within the system.. 10 servers and a customer has one account on all 10 servers they should be able to access from one log in area...

Robert

7. knocx

knocx Guest

Additional Plesk Expand Features:
    The future of this new addition to the Plesk product suite will include distributed mail, database, and DNS services; centralized monitoring of Plesk servers and services; centralized upgrades and back-ups; as well as host of other exciting features.

when will this future arrive ? any ideas we are dying for this future to become true :)

8. Cranky

Cranky Guest

You'd be better off emailling sales@sw-soft.com - or your rep - for more info, and sharing it with us all. :)

9. poke

poke Guest

We should be able to centralize the plesk help desks into expand...

10. NxTek

NxTek Guest

A summary of per server transfer usage in the reports, similar to how it reports disk usage.

11. cmurphy@

cmurphy@ Guest

Number one requested feature for Plesk Expand...

PRICE IS TOO HIGH, REDUCE IT!!

$350.00 per server and its required to be installed with a seperate lic. for EVERY server ?????

Thats retarded. Charge me a FAIR price and ill start buying your products...till then i'll stick with 4PSA

12. Cranky

Cranky Guest

There are regular promotions with much lower prices.

13. marlap01

marlap01 Guest

expand on freebsd 5.3

we need expand running on freebsd 5.3. as it is not useful for us as it is

thanks
    mario

14. BBaboon

BBaboon Guest

Stop whining about prices dude.

If you like it, buy it. If not search for an alternative.

15. radialhosting

radialhosting Guest

I'd like to finaly see Expand work with Plesk for windows.

Still no update on when it iwll be fixed. Two weeks ago I was told it would be 2 weeks.

16. poke

poke Guest

I'd also like to see a "sessions" feature. I want to know who is logged in via expand on all 5 of my servers....

-poke

17. EnterpriseIT

EnterpriseIT Guest

Without reading in depth the thread replies above here is our wishlist

1. When user clicks the mail server on the linux box they are hosted on it diverts them to our mail server and
    a) takes off the header of the tempate (shows no logo)
    b) uses the ssl cert we purchased for the box without the domain. It uses the ip address. Very messy guy's

2. When launching from expand into a particular server it uses again not the domain of which you have pre-selected but uses the ip. Messy again guy's.

Both these problems bring up SSL issues and with clients that use other browsers than IE and Netscape this can cause problems as they don't understand the errors especially with the mail issue.

3. Change from using email address for username and use a user account setup with multiple levels of access.

Comment: I have had to setup my whole team as a reseller to stop the junior members of my staff farting around with my server settings. :) nice one again eh?

4. It's a huge application on load for what it acheives, get it to run less buggier eg. I have heaps of errors that support can't explain. They tell me this goes away in 1.1.2 next week. hopefully we have a good experience with this release.

5. For people who use this expand tool on dedicated servers I would prefer to be able to change the hostname of the box etc and have a bit more control over the server with restart functionality, customisation ability as in the new plesk reloaded and better statistics on the system than 6 things that don't tell me anything statistical at all

6. Client to have the ability to host on multiple servers

example

a) client has linux sites and windows sites and so I need to create two accounts for this customer (poor thought went into the dev of this didn't it?)

b) client want's their own dedicated server with us for a particular application and also wants hosting on one of our core hosting boxes.

Point to be made: need better ability to manage multiple domains on multiple servers for one account

7. Need to be able to move a client from one server to another as they upgrade their hosting.

We have priority hosting servers and trash hosting servers meaning, people pay to be put onto boxes with less people, people who pay the minimum all get swept in together etc.

We need the ability to migrate users accross platform (windows/linux) or between platform linux /linux or windows/windows to make the system more simple in operation.

8. More details on expand resellers would be good.
    9. More reports than summary report on servers

10. centralized helpdesk etc or ability to intergrate our own helpdesk system into the expand/plesk system

11. Better key management like on the plesk reloaded system. Ability to role back keys etc

================================================

I beleive in expand and the idea of centralisation. I hope the above will give the development team some direction and thoughts to what they are trying to acheive.

I will add further notes to this if I think it's neccessary etc.. :)