• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Features Request

crnunez

Regular Pleskian
Features Request - Plesk's improvement

Hello,
This space is for anybody request features and Plesk improvement's.

1º Is very important the option "deny relay for local sender addresses" under Mail Preferences.
2º Is very important "Require a PTR record for unauthenticated connections".
3º Improve the security for Sendmail.

Thanks!

Originally posted by crnunez
4º Stats, Plesk should use AWSTATS and not deprecated and very old webalizer.
6º Plesk should use phpMyAdmin in a current version and not a deprecated and 6 month old version. (Plesk 8.0 from 2006-03-31 had a version of phpMyAdmin from 2005-10-xx.

7º Plesk should use SpamAssassin 3.1.1 (released at 2006-03-11 = was the current release at 2006-03-31) and not the old version SpamAssassin 3.0.4.

8º Plesk should change from domain centric to customer centric view.

9º Plesk should support other MTA like Postfix. qmail is outdated, the last update was 1998! Read more about the open bugs in qmail

10º Plesk should change their subdomain logic. Only one directory for webdocuments, no more different subdirectories for subdomains.

11º Plesk should not disable /var/log/messages!

12º Plesk shold behave less windows like and more like a server admin tool. Plesk is a lot like windows.

From 1 - 6, I agree completely.

7 - you can upgrade on your own. But true, nonetheless.

8 - I strongly disagree. It really depends on how you run things in your company

9 - support others as a choice, perhaps. Drop Qmail? Never.

10 - from the admin standpoint, it should be like it is now.

12 - don't know really what you mean, but we'll never administrate a server trough Plesk. Administrate customers hosting packages - yes, server - never.

13º Please, change the serial format for compability with RFC.

I think about the mail server that the best solution is give the option or choice in the installation process where each person can decide which install on your system for example, qmail, postfix, exim, etc...

8) It's depends on each company.

Originally posted by crnunez
5º Allow, select the Outbound IP for Qmail, through Control Panel.

Currently, qmail is set to use the IP resolving to the MX for the domain the outgoing mail is using. Thus, if you set, in templates on initial setup, to use the main server IP as the MX A-record, then the outgoing IP will always be the same. However, there are patches available to change this setting manually.

Granted, this "manual" change wouldn't give you the ability to do this through the control panel, which means more work, but it would give you the ability to change this w/o having to change 1, 2, 20, or 300 domains DNS records over....

Just thought I'd give you a bit of assistance on that one, in case you weren't aware..

OK here are my feature requests. The know-how should be there because Confixx was able to handle those ;-)

14 New option for domain listing under domains or customer -> show/hide domain aliases (like for show/hide email alias). So you have control over all domains registered yet.

15 Option to define special settings for vhost.conf like symbolic links or kind like this - as we could in confixx. It's horrible to do it in the shell

16 Domain alias should be able to point to a special subfolder of an user account like for subdomains

regards
Oliver

Skeletons

º17 Domain Templates should have there own area to upload a skeleton file. Then you would be able to creat a domain template that not only set up storage sizes and things like that but could also install specific software like a specific content management system ( out of you choice of 3 for your customers), or a project manager and so on. This could also be done by allowing the domain creator to select a skeleton file during domain creation much like the domain template is selected. The admin must have the ability to make it so that the client does not have this ability if they desire. This must be done because many of us sell our expertise to install and custom configure many free web products.

18º Please, improve webmail interfase (horde), in this forum I found an excellent option for this, but is important the implementation of the new interfase for webmail.

going to 30...

19) dns template for domain aliases
just like for main domain dns entries

20) Slave domain hosting type
This type comes next to physical and forwarding...
When SLAVE is selected, it acts as secondary dns server for that domain and as secondary mail server that holds emails when primary domain is down.
Those 2 options could be independed selectable...

21) Export settings
Each page should have this option...
Moving to a new server would be loads simpler if you could just upload a settings file

21) Domain owner as part of the domain template

22) Spamassassin defaults for new mailboxes
When new mailboxes are created the spamassassin settings should be defaulted to whart is defined on the server level spamassassin settings.
Hits now default to 7 while I have 5 at server level... I found though in the database where to change this...

23) Serverwide Anti-Virus
Option to allow all mailboxes to be automatically be protected (people tend to forget to enable this)

24) Backups of FTP server listed
if FTP defined

25) Update mechanisme for application vault
possibility to upgrade the applications to the latest version or a version of your choice

26) Commented config files
add comments like: "Do not add/change anything underneath this line as it gets overwritten by PLESK"

27) Defaults for SOA preferences
definable by admin

28) Disable/Enable Server features
The admin could be able to define:
on this server we don't use: mailing lists, web users, backup, postgre, etc.
All actions related to the features are disabled and all related services/processes are shut down

29) backup firewall rules
allow backup/restore of firewall rules

*30) Ability to see domain aliasses defined for a domain. Similar feature that we have now to reveal e-mail aliasses. At the moment when you have 100s of domains and 100s of aliasses you can get lost.

Re: Skeletons

Originally posted by mdvian
º17 Domain Templates should have there own area to upload a skeleton file. Then you would be able to creat a domain template that not only set up storage sizes and things like that but could also install specific software like a specific content management system ( out of you choice of 3 for your customers), or a project manager and so on. This could also be done by allowing the domain creator to select a skeleton file during domain creation much like the domain template is selected. The admin must have the ability to make it so that the client does not have this ability if they desire. This must be done because many of us sell our expertise to install and custom configure many free web products.
Also, ability to "EDIT" skeleton templates/files would be very nice. Just click on it and edit.

OYBTW, I'll put in another plug for AWSTATS!!!

aaabyss

32. Extremely lightweight skin.

Plesk is a bit slow on a 56k dialup line, and I'd expect is equally bad on things like cellular modems.

A low-graphics skin might also make it friendlier to access on devices with limited display capabilities (mobile phone web browsers, lynx users, etc.)

33. Ability to AUTOMATICALLY turn on anti-virus on every mailbox created. My customers are suffering because not everyone remembers to turn on the anti-virus. This is starting to cost me money. Surely this has to be a simple setting?

Dear mates,

I am the only one I want a simple Archive manager (zip unzip)?

Bulk load of enail addresses

When migrating an existing mail server it was a real pain in the wrist to do all that clicking to create each mailname by hand. On the previous system we used the I setup 60 mailboxes in 5 min by loading a single csv file.

Some instructions on testing the mailserver before going live would be useful too.

What is the hack for manually changing the outbound IP for qmail? I have put in a support ticket to my service provider, but they seem rather clueless.

postfix!

34. postfix-support
35. postfix-support
36. postfix-support
37. postfix-support
38. postfix-support

plesk is definitly a spam-friendly product because there's no out of the box solution to avoid spam in a serious manner like possible with postfix.

add MySQL max MB quota
add MySQL max MB quota
add MySQL max MB quota
add MySQL max MB quota

Back