1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

fedora 8 ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by absert, Dec 19, 2007.

1. absert

absert Guest

I cant belive that plesk cant ran in fedora 7 or fedora 8.
    Please when fedora 8?

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

According to http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/reqs/ Fedora 7 is supported. And I can totally believe Fedora 8 is not supported yet, as it hasn't been out that long. They need to do some work to support a new distro and then also do a bunch of testing.

My usual advice: go with a distribution that has a long supported lifecycle (RHEL, CentOS, Debian, etc.). Fedora is a nice distro, but choosing it means you'll need to change your OS again in just over a year. If you think that's no problem, then run with it, but we run everything on CentOS and I can recommend CentOS 5 to anyone that wants to run a stable server.

3. crnunez

crnunez Regular Pleskian

90%
    I agree with Breun because Fedora isnt for fully Server enviorment...

CentOS5 or Red Hat Enterprise 5 are a good choice.