• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feedback Form module gives HTML code

E

ewong

Hi,

I am using the Feedback Form module to forward all web-requested to a designated emaill address. Everything is working, but when I received the forwarded email in Outlook, it is in "HTML code" sent in text format. Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

An exmaple fo the email I received,

> <html><head><title>Contact Us Form</title><style type="text/css">@import
url("../css/styles.css");</style></head><body
class="pageContent"><table><tr><td style="font-weight: bold;">Last
Name:</td></tr><tr><td style="padding-left: 10px;">Bassi</td></tr><tr><td
style="font-weight: bold;">First Name:</td></tr><tr><td style="padding-left:
10px;">Bal</td></tr><tr><td style="font-weight: bold;">E-mail
Address:</td></tr><tr><td style="padding-left:
10px;">[email protected]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-weight: bold;">Street
Address:</td></tr><tr><td style="padding-left: 10px;"></td></tr><tr><td
style="font-weight: bold;">Telephone:</td></tr><tr><td style="padding-left:
10px;">07867854934</td></tr><tr><td style="font-weight:
bold;">Comments:</td></tr><tr><td style="padding-left: 10px;">Please could
you get Michelle to give me a call about rebooking swimming lessons for my
children:<br><br>Jade &amp; Dylan Multani on Thursday
4.20pm</td></tr></body></html>

Hey ewong
Did you ever solve that problem? It started doing the same thing on my box not too long ago and I can't find out why or how to fix it.

Thanks

I still have not solved this strange problem yet.

If someone knows how to solve this one, please let us know. Many thanks.

Best regards,
Edwward

Hey pal
I actually found how to fix this problem
if you have root access to your server, I can send you the fix via email. all you need to do is upload it to the right directory

Cheers!

Yes I have the root access to my sever.

Please send me an email to [email protected] when you have the time. Many many thanks!!!!

Best regards,
Edward

I've just realized that I can attach files to posts here, so instead of sending the file directly to you, ewong, I thought I'd place it here in case someone else has the same problem.

Basicaly this file contains send.php, which you need to untar in /path/to/sitebuilder/modules/feedback/module_publish/
on my server this path is /usr/local/sitebuilder/modules/feedback/module_publish/

When I made the changes to send.php on my server, it worked like a charm, but backup your version just to be on the safe side :D

After you untar the file where it belongs, you need to go through the publish process on each site that uses the feedback module. You need to do this because, sitebuilder makes a copy of send.php on every domain individually, when the user adds a form to any of the pages. Therefore, to force sitebuilder to "patch" the sites that use feedback forms you need to re-publish the site.

Let me know if you have any problems applying this fix.
Hope this helps! :)

Hi Opaltech,

I could not find your attachment ... Have you attached it? If so, it must be silly me who could not find it, so if you could kindly point out where it is ... :confused:

By the way, where did you get that fix? Did you create it yourself?

If so you must be a genius!!!

Best regards,
Edward

I'm no genious, but I did create the fix miself :D
By the way, the post is on moderation, so until someone approves it the file won't show up I think.

I'll just email it to you now...

I told you I'm not a genius - I can't even spell "genious" :D :D :D

Hello to all,
I have installed the fix on my server and the feedback mail now comes in html, but there is another problem now.
After a user filled in the form and pressed the send button, he gets the following error message. maybe someone has a solution for that:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for ips() in /var/www/vhosts/<DOMAINNAME.TLD>/httpdocs/feedback54200617402/ips.inc on line 15

Warning: Missing argument 2 for ips() in /var/www/vhosts/<DOMAINNAME.TLD>/httpdocs/feedback54200617402/ips.inc on line 15

Back