1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

file path problem, please help! thxxxxxx

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by raybristol, Apr 20, 2006.

1. raybristol

raybristol Guest

I need to read a file in path '/tmp/filename', I am using jsp, which uploaded by plesk interface, as my jsp file is in different directory, I am new to Linux, so I wonder what is the correct path to call that file?

Many thanks!
    ray

2. dugjohnson

dugjohnson Guest

assuming you are talking relative to your domain, it would be
    ./tmp/filename
    I know it is hard to see, but you start with a dot (.) for current directory and then relative from there.

3. raybristol

raybristol Guest

thanks very much for your reply, but '/tmp' is not under my domain path, when I login to live server using SSH as root, I can go to fold '/tmp' by using command 'cd "/tmp" '.

so what is the correct path to call in my jsp page, I try to call it by directly using path '/tmp/filename', but it doesn't seems working.

Many thanks!