• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

filename can't be come with spacing?

S

suika2003b

when i try to view a file (name is 'good boy.jpg') , it's display error 500 ... :confused:

As a rule of thumb, for maximum compatibility and reduced headaches, avoid spaces and special characters (such as accented characters) on the Web. To be "web safe", replace your space with an underscore _ .

TDS

Problem is that most customers don't seem to get that. :) Actually, maybe they do and just post them anyways to make our lives difficult. :) Well, either, or, this should work. The question is why isn't it?

I agree. Unfortunately, the root of the problem is that many customers don't follow the rules. For instance, we recently had a customer who asked us to enable SSI on the "HTML" extension, because he would not want to rename all his files SHTML. Of course, doing so server-wide would create an unecessary processing overhead. Well, sorry, but you have to follow programming standards, and not bend the standards to suit your bad habits ;)

I agree, but we also have to deal with all the mom and pops who want to show there pictures to the world. I know this is supposed to work, but I'm as baffled as anyone else as to why it's happening.

Back