• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Filter outgoing emails in qmail

S

SBCTEC

Here's my basic situation. I have a client that consistently emails yahoo.com accounts that don't exist. I inform them that they need to be removed from their mailing list, but they insist that it's a legitimate address. The numerous number of bad emails being sent to yahoo are forcing them to throttle our connection and my other clients are seeing extreme delays when sending to any yahoo address. Here's what I'd like to do, and I don't know quite how.

Assign an alias (i.e. [email protected]) to /dev/null, but allow all other emails to go to yahoo through normal channels. Is there a simple way to accomplish this?

If the mailbox does not exist a message saying so will be sent to the return-path of the original message. If you have them send the messages with a valid return-path (not some non-existed noreply bounce address) they'll notices the error messages. Wouldn't that be evidence enough?

P.S. You're running Plesk 8.1 and posting in the Plesk 8.3 forums?

You can enable outbound email filtering if you're using qmail-scanner, and spamassassin with a blacklist on the destination (I think its called "blacklist_to"). We've got rpms available for your system in the [atomic] archive.

Back