1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Filter outgoing emails in qmail

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by SBCTEC, Mar 7, 2008.

1. SBCTEC

SBCTEC Guest

Here's my basic situation. I have a client that consistently emails yahoo.com accounts that don't exist. I inform them that they need to be removed from their mailing list, but they insist that it's a legitimate address. The numerous number of bad emails being sent to yahoo are forcing them to throttle our connection and my other clients are seeing extreme delays when sending to any yahoo address. Here's what I'd like to do, and I don't know quite how.

Assign an alias (i.e. unknown_user@yahoo.com) to /dev/null, but allow all other emails to go to yahoo through normal channels. Is there a simple way to accomplish this?

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

If the mailbox does not exist a message saying so will be sent to the return-path of the original message. If you have them send the messages with a valid return-path (not some non-existed noreply bounce address) they'll notices the error messages. Wouldn't that be evidence enough?

P.S. You're running Plesk 8.1 and posting in the Plesk 8.3 forums?

3. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

You can enable outbound email filtering if you're using qmail-scanner, and spamassassin with a blacklist on the destination (I think its called "blacklist_to"). We've got rpms available for your system in the [atomic] archive.

4. DaDomainMasta

DaDomainMasta Guest