• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Finished website looks different on IE and FF

B

blazesoft

Hi,

I just published my first site and I used FF2.0 as my browser but when I went to IE the font sizes were much bigger than I say them in IE. Surely the system should use fixed font sizes so that there are no cross browser issues like this. What I though was a perfect site is not as good in IE.

Thanks

Could you please attach some screen shots here to be able to see the difference? Also do you use some specific font size for text on the page? Let me know.

Hi Dmitry

Attached are 2 screenshots. One from FF2 and the other IE6. There are a number of things to look at.

1) First my the custom header. I opened the original website and saved the background image, added in the photo and uploaded. Its looks fine on firefox but on IE you will see a white gap to the right of the logo.

2) The H1 heading text and the main body texts are then completely different sizes. Its seems whatever way you put this app together you just put in H1, H2 html tags and let the browseer handle what size that should be as opposed to your system saying for example H1 = 14px so that it shows 14px regardless of the browser.

3) You will also see the the navigation seems to wrap in IE and not in Firefox.

Note: I'm using the FORMAT and Size fields in the WISIWIG editor on the EDIT section.

Attachments

• dr1.jpg
    dr1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 23
  • dr2.jpg
    dr2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 28
Sorry for delay. I checked this things and want to ask to provide template name so I could check it further. Do all these issues appear on all templates or on some specific one?
As for differences in font size most probably if you check source code for the page you will see something like:

<span style="font-size: small;" and it looks like IE and FF understand this value a little bit differently. Try to set fixed size, clean cache and check it one more time.

Same Problem with template av-236

I have the same problem. I am using template id : av-236. Could you please be more specific on how to correct this?

Hi Guys,

This happens with pretty much all the templates. Its a right pain as you think you have the site perfect and then you swap browser. As far as I know there is no way around it so I hope someone has spotted a way around it.

Actually that said. One workaround that might be ok for you. is if you write up text in say MS word and copy and paste it tends to keep the Word formatting Text colour and Size when you publish. The downside is that when you want to change the fone again it wont change even if you select different sizes. So if its your own site this might be ok but for our customers sites we cant do this as it confuses the hell out of the customer as why they can then change the text size.

Hope that helps

same problem here

Although the original post is from 2008, I felt compelled to post here as I am having this exact same problem. I am using template "cafe & restaurant 005."

I use Plesk Sitebuilder 4.5.0 for linux/unix via a hosting company. I have found out through hours of trial and error that I need to be in Firefox when I do all of my site updates. This results in having the site look okay in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. In IE9 the fonts are all one size larger and it does not look good.

I am not a programmer, so I need to use the sitebuilder, but a programmer colleague of mine suggested that this is probably because the sitebuilder does not assign an absolute font size such as 10, 11, 12, etc. but instead uses sizes of x-small, small, medium, etc.

It would be nice if this could get fixed - it is incredibly annoying.

Back