• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall module

rbstern

Basic Pleskian
I've got a couple of Plesk 7.5.2/CentOS boxes that came with the firewall module already available.

I just took delivery on a Plesk 7.5.4/Red Hat Enterprise 3 box, and the firewall module (nor any other modules) are shown.

Is this an error or some sort of licensing change? How do I get the firewall module in place?

You can add the module by either running the RPM file, or adding by the control panel module interface.

The RPM file is normally kept in:

/root/psa/PSA_7.5.4/rpm_OSVer/opt/modules/firewall

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a /root/psa directory, nor can I find any RPMs on the drive related to the Plesk firewall.

Go into the Updater in the control panel.

Server > Updater

Check the box to install the firewall module.

Doh! Thanks phoenix, I totally forgot about mentioning the updater in my earlier post.

Thanks. Found the Updater. Nice feature, but, if fails, whether I try to install the Firewall module or everytyhing that's available for update, I get:

Preparing for packages installation...

----- begin of output -----
Installing php-pgsql-4.3.2-23.ent.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
php = 4.3.2-23.ent is needed by php-pgsql-4.3.2-23.ent

----- end of output -----
===> Autoinstaller: stopped logging at Wed Oct 26 23:37:53 2005

***** end of log file *****

Next step?

I have found that you are better off installing items one at a time with the updater, starting with the basic Plesk package.

Have you tried to locate the rpm? Try:

#locate psa-firewall

Then you could run the install from the command line.

I found the firewall module after realizing I was using locate without being root. D'oh. Too many late nights recovering a downed server...

Got the rpm installed and have access to the firewall.

Many thanks for the help provided here.

Back