• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall question

L

lordElrond

clean install of 7.5 and the plesk firewall component was not installed. I tried modifying the installation with no resolve.

any suggestions?

plesk firewall

Hi lordElrond

it will not work if you dont have service pk1 installed the only thing is it is not offically released only RC Release candidate.
and they dont advise loading it in a production enviriament.

So thats the bottom line how they ever released software that relies on something that is no released its self is beyound me.

I'm installed Plesk 7.5 on my local machine with SP1 RC2, and have same problem (firewall componenet isn't installed) :(

Firewall and sp1

colorprint you have to install sp1 first then install plesk.

Re: Firewall and sp1

Originally posted by chainy
colorprint you have to install sp1 first then install plesk.
Yes, sp1 was installed a week ago on my macnine, and plesk installed today

exactly. Same problem here. And since MICROSOFT recommends NOT installing sp1 RC2 on a production server, why would this be included or suspiciously overlooked?

You can use the command:

%plesk_bin%\defpackagemng --fix

it will solve your problem.

Originally posted by oven
You can use the command:

I'm just tried this - no results :(

Originally posted by oven
You can use the command:

My MS DNS zone files removed after it and MS DNS not working now!!! How to restore it??

Started Plesk setup and selected "Restore installation"... DNS zones moves back :)

Back