• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

firewall

purpleman

New Pleskian
hi,

i've enabled the firewall and i'm getting this error when blocking a service completely.

Error: Could not activate firewall configuration:

safeact: safeact: /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed:
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

plesk then shows its blocked but the error still worries me.

Any ideas?

Jonathan

That ususally means that not all of your iptables modules are loaded. Are you on a VDS from GoDaddy?

You can check the status of iptables by running:

#/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables status

Yes, you are right.

godaddy on a virtual dedicated.

I ran the following commands.

[root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables status
Firewall is stopped.
[root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables start
Flushing firewall rules: [ OK ]
Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: mangle filter [ OK ]
Unloading iptables modules: Opening /proc/modules: No such file or directory
grep: /proc/modules: No such file or directory
Opening /proc/modules: No such file or directory
grep: /proc/modules: No such file or directory
[ OK ]
[root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables status
Firewall is stopped.

How can I start the firewall? And why is plesk saying the firewall is on and the ports are blocked?

Thanks.

Jonathan

GoDaddy does a custom configuration with the Fedora build on their VDS. I never could get them to tell me why all of the needed firewall modules are not loaded other than it is not compatible with there system. They will, however, sell you an external firewall system.

As far as the Plesk firewall module, if it is running at all, it's running as less than full functionality. I believe you can check it by running "psa-firewall status" but I do not remember in which folder "psa-firewall" is located. You can also check your boot log to see if the plesk firewall module loaded.

Back