1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

firewall

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by purpleman, Oct 8, 2006.

1. purpleman

purpleman New Pleskian

hi,

i've enabled the firewall and i'm getting this error when blocking a service completely.

plesk then shows its blocked but the error still worries me.

Any ideas?

Jonathan

2. jwdick

jwdick Guest

That ususally means that not all of your iptables modules are loaded. Are you on a VDS from GoDaddy?

You can check the status of iptables by running:

#/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables status

3. purpleman

purpleman New Pleskian

Yes, you are right.

godaddy on a virtual dedicated.

I ran the following commands.

How can I start the firewall? And why is plesk saying the firewall is on and the ports are blocked?

Thanks.

Jonathan

4. jwdick

jwdick Guest

GoDaddy does a custom configuration with the Fedora build on their VDS. I never could get them to tell me why all of the needed firewall modules are not loaded other than it is not compatible with there system. They will, however, sell you an external firewall system.

As far as the Plesk firewall module, if it is running at all, it's running as less than full functionality. I believe you can check it by running "psa-firewall status" but I do not remember in which folder "psa-firewall" is located. You can also check your boot log to see if the plesk firewall module loaded.