1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

For Sergius : DomainKeys spam protection - failure: handlers_permanentfail

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by sunyl, Jul 29, 2008.

1. sunyl

sunyl Guest

Running Plesk v8.4.0 on Centos 4.6 and it appears as though the problem lies with the signing of the outgoing email with Domainkeys.

Controlpanel > Server > Mail > DomainKeys spam protection

If both option "Allow signing outgoing mail" and "Verify incoming mail" are selected email never receives from Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail etc. In maillogs I see following -

---------------------------------------------
    Jul 29 19:21:23 host qmail-remote-handlers[25983]: domainkeys-handler exited with status 31
    Jul 29 19:21:23 host qmail-remote-handlers[25983]: call_handlers: stop call handlers because handler 'dd51-domainkeys' not PASS (31)
    Jul 29 19:21:23 host qmail-remote-handlers[25983]: call_handlers: stop call handlers from dir '/var/qmail//handlers/before-remote/global'
    Jul 29 19:21:23 host qmail: 1217348483.664098 delivery 2374: failure: handlers_permanentfail/
    ---------------------------------------------

But if I unchecked "Allow signing outgoing mail" but leave "Verify incoming mail" checked, no errors and email receives fine. This is just a workaround but it's better to have "Sergius" to check whether this is a bug with v8.4.0 ?

Thanks

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello sunyl,

Thank you for the report.

This is known issue that is fixed since 8.6.

3. sunyl

sunyl Guest

Thank you Sergius :)

4. DCoats

DCoats Guest

It is NOT fixed since 8.6 can we please know what the problem is , so that those of us able can fix it manually?

5. hspc@43.hk

hspc@43.hk Guest

We are on 8.6 but same problem persists. Would it be fixed soon?

6. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
  7. Felix Buenemann

Felix Buenemann Guest

I am also seeing the delivery N failure: handlers_permanentfail Error with Plesk 8.6.0.2, but only with mails that originate from ebay.de or paypal.com. The announcement link is dead, btw.