• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded domain prompts for login: IUSR_<machinename> provisioned with wrong passwd

C

cbtrussell

I have the problem discussed in another thread where domains setup for standard or frame forwarding produce a login challenge when browsed.

These domains are correctly provisioned to use the IUSR_<machine-name> user for anonymous browsing. However the password inserted by Plesk in IIS when the domain is provisioned is wrong.

I know the password for IUSR_machine-name

If I enter that password in the directory security settings of IIS, the login challenge goes away and the domain works as intended.

It seems to me that Plesk is perhaps provisioning the forwarded domains with a login credential it is storing somewhere that isn't in sync with what the server has stored for that same user.

Running the Plesk reconfigurator did not solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Brandon

Domain Forwarding

Hello, did you ever solve this problem. We're facing the same issue.

Thanks

Unfortunately, no.

Plesk support offered a suggestion that didn't work. For anything deeper we had to pay. I don't mind paying for support but this was a brand new box that had already been re-imaged once before due to similar issues.

Long story short, EV1 support was utterly useless; they escalated to Plesk but the problem was never satisfactorily resolved. 2 weeks later we moved to a Win2003 Plesk box at The Planet for half the price that has worked without an issue since day 1. Unfortunately, at least in Jan 2005, EV1 support seemed to be completely devoid of clue when it came to Plesk on Windows.

Brandon

Pointers

Do you see anything in the settings of the pointers that looks different?

What's really amazing is that Plesk creates a feature to forward a domain and then charge to support the feature.

I will try to post screenshots by tomorrow. Tell me which screens you need, it's been a while since I've looked at this stuff. I am out of the office the balance of today so it will be at least 12 hours before I can reply.

Domain Forwarding

Finally got it to work. It's permissions settings for "access and authentication" needs to have the main domain's login credentials.

Any updates on this... im having a similar issue with one of my users. I've seen it before where the IUSR accounts become unsynched, but i've synched all the pwds to the main users pwd, but it is still prompting me for login info as soon as I hit the site.

Good grief... I miss linux.

Back