• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarding and redirect

T

texken

For various reasons related to search engine optimization, websites that have multiple urls should apparently have "secondary" urls redirect to the primary url via a 301 permanent redirect rather than simply using the domain alias functionality that Plesk provides.

In performing an experiment I set up a new domain and used the "Standard Forwarding" method and pointed it at my primary url. After allowing for propagation, I ran a server header check on the new secondary url and it returned back a code of 302 rather than 301 (which upon further study is not good for a variety of reasons).

My question is: is there a way within plesk to set 301 redirects or do I need to bypass Plesk and set these up directly in IIS. Or is there a good reason not to do this either. Thanks for any feedback.

Can anyone shed light on this isse we have several customer asking of this exact feature?

Back