1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

FreeBSD Permissions - Backup Utility

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by quabbo, Feb 3, 2005.

1. quabbo

quabbo Guest

I get the following error in the Backup Utility page. I just upgraded to 7.5.2 on FreeBSD 4.9. Any ideas?

"ERROR
    DumpsList::init() failed: filemng failed: filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied
    0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/backup/dumps_list.php:248 psaerror(string "DumpsList::init() failed: filemng failed: filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied")"

2. jprince

jprince Guest

Hello quabbo,

"opendir failed: Permission denied"

What are the permissons of the directory:
    /usr/local/psa/var/dumps
    ??

Cheers.

3. quabbo

quabbo Guest

Thats the track I was on too...

/usr/local/psa/var has these permissions...

drwxr-xr-x 8 psaadm psaadm 1024 Feb 3 05:14 dumps

I've noticed some major permissions errors throughout the server. One of my users is Gravatar. Why should gravatar be the owner of files in the /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs directory?

drwxr-xr-x 5 gravatar 4001 512 Feb 1 23:17 modules

drwxr-xr-x 24 gravatar 4001 1024 Feb 3 01:43 .
    drwxr-xr-x 19 gravatar 4001 512 Feb 1 23:17 ..

I've also noticed that SOME things are root:wheel, and some things are root:psaadm... before the upgrade, weren't they something like psaadm:psaadm ?

I'm sure that this is my problem, but I'm not sure what they should be properly set to.

4. quabbo

quabbo Guest

I ran this on the /usr/local/psa/var/dumps/ directory... and it seems to have fixed the problem

chown psaadm:psaadm *

-----
    I still think that the fact that Gravatar is owning some files in the PSA admin htdocs directory is a problem. Should I chwon all those files psaadm:psaadm as well? What permissions should they have?

Can someone on FreeBSD 4.9 with 7.5.2 please email me a copy of ls -la at your /usr/local/psa/admin/ and /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs directories?

matthew at quabbo dotty com

5. jprince

jprince Guest

Hello quabbo,

I would be willing to bet that
    gravatar is user id: 10007
    Have asked about this in the past.

And, I do belive, is should be psaadm:psaadm, as
    you did.

Cheers.