1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Fresh install - cannot log in

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.1 Troubleshooting Issues' started by eugenevdm, May 4, 2007.

1. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    According to these instructions:

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Expand/2.1.3-Release1/doc/expand-release-notes.txt

NOTE: After the Plesk Expand package is installed, you will be notified of your login details for the Plesk Expand control panel (URL, login and password).
    The message of the following kind will appear:

* Congratulations! You have just installed Plesk Expand v.2.1.3
    * You can access the system at https://expandhost.domain:8442
    * Use 'root@expandhost.domain' as e-mail and
    * 'setup' as password to connect to the Plesk Expand frontend.
    * You can change this login data after logging into the frontend.

HOWEVER

The above username on my system, root@localhost does not work. Please help urgently.

2. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    I redid the installation and carefully noted the "root@expandhost.domain" user.

In fact this "@expandhost.domain" is closely tied to your hostname (on FC4 in /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network).

Upon re-installation I solved this problem by using the correct details presented when the installation was finished, not in the readme file.