• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Front Page Forms ?

globalmcs

Regular Pleskian
I just got done installing SP2, I was trying to e-mail a form and it’s not working I don’t get any errors and I don’t get the e-mail. I changed the SSI support from standard to extended, uninstall and re-install the front page extension in that domain and I can’t get it to work.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Has anyone had this problem? I thought the SP2 was going to fix it. I'm still looking for some help! I haven’t been able to figure it out.

Doesnt anyone know a "workaround" for this problem ? I have to give my coustomers a solution to make the FronPage forms work.

Thanks !

You should use this syntax in Frontpage forms:

<form method="POST" action="_vti_bin/shtml.dll/feedback.htm" webbot-action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">

Not a just
<form method="POST" action="feedback.htm" webbot-action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" onSubmit="">

FrontPage for window Plesk has always required the path. ...however in plesk for linux you do not need to add the FP path

hope this help!

I tried and for some reason it doesnt work....
I looked at the folder structer on the server and there is not ... _vti_bin/shtml.dll on the domains with Front Page exten.

This works for sure.

Are you sure FP extensions are installed and the domain has FP enabled?

Is so you may want to re-installed FP extensions on the servers and re-enable FP for the domain.

I did uninstall them and install and here are the folder that it created

_vti_cnf
_vti_log
_vti_pvt
_vti_script
_vti_txt

all FP files are located in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\50\
=> bin\fpexedll.dll
=> isapi\shtml.dll

and so on....

if you do not have these FP will not work on the server and FP extensions are not installed correctly.

Those folder are there and the files are too.
We are able to use FrontPage for everything else but sending the forms.

I noticed that when I add the _vti_bin/shtml.dll/ using notepad save it , close it, and open it again the _vti_bin/shtml.dll/ goes away

ok, I went in the server, using Windows Explorer open the contact.html file with notepad added the _vti_bin/shtml.dll/ and it worked. the problem is if you open the file in frontpage the _vti_bin/shtml.dll/ goes away

Well this alone might stop me from buying this software.

Is there a way to make it work?

I'm planning on having many webusers on this webhosting site.

There has to be a fix for this. I tried adding the dll dir to the path in windows but no go there.

Any get this resolved so you don't have to edit the page out side of FP?

Hmmm....

try to disable SSI, reupoad all FP (or use recalculate web extensions button on FP webadmin) content and enable SSI in standart mode. it can help

Back