1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

FrontPage extensions: creating _vti_bin?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by brownlb, Jun 6, 2006.

1. brownlb

brownlb Guest

I'm moving an existing website to a new server running Plesk 7.5 for Windows, and it's referencing a file in _vti_bin. That directory doesn't exist when I create the site, and it doesn't get created when I publish the site via FP.
    I've tried several iterations of creating the physical hosting to include various services, but none of them add vti_bin.
    I'm a complete noob when it comes to FrontPage. Should it create that directory when I publish? Or should Plesk create it? Either way, how to I get it to exist and work?

Thanks!
    Blair

2. brownlb

brownlb Guest

This is strange...FP WebAdmin works, even though it's going to http://[domain]/_vti_bin....
    But the _vti_bin directory is nowhere to be found! No other application can locate it, so how is webadmin working?

Also, I used FP2000 to publish the site to the new server. Is there anything special I should do to accomodate an older version of FP?