• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

frontpage extensions

Make sure that FP is installed on the domain where you try and that directories that start with _ are available in the httpdocs directory on that domain. They might have been erased.

Thank you for your reply.

I have fixed the problem this afternoon, was a biger problem :D

Thank you all !
Manuel

Hi ...

How did you fix the problem? I am having similar problems! I have one domain on my server where fp extensions work perfectly.

But for two of them, I get the same error. When I remove FP extensions in Plesk 7.5, the _v* directories disappear, and then the whole site becomes "forbidden" and unreachaable. So, I re-inistall the FP extensions, and the site works again, but FP will not connect, and the fp admin page doesn't exist. Can you please assist? Thanks a lot...

Steve

How did you fix it? I have the same problem. FP extensions work fine with some domains, but do not woek on one of the domains. When I try to delete and re-add it does not create all of the _vti directories.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Hi Belinda

I have since moved on to another host that doesn't use Plesk. I found Plesk to be really weird, nonstandard, and unpredictable. I like something called cPanel, paired with WHM (Web Host Manager). It works much better, and the directories are logically placed. I am not sure how Plesk got to be so popular -- I have a feeling it's because the interface looks so polished. But to be honest, I gave up on it after finding that no one knew how to solve my problem.

One thing that did seem to work for me was to delete and re-do the domain. Then sometimes the FP extensions would work.

Good luck...S

Yes, many people do like/prefer cPanel/WHM, but that is not without its own share of problems or 'issues'. I lurk the WHT forums as well.... That's the nice thing about having 'free will'... each admin has choices to make :)

Thanks for your replies guys!

To solve the problem on that domain, I manually copy everything related to server extensions from another domain, and edited them to work with my troubled domain. It solved the issue, but sure it is not the suggested solution.

Plesk Support sent us this link, if anybody interested:

http://faq.sw-soft.com/article_44_751_en.html

Thanks,
Belinda

Back