• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Frontpage Extentions

E

Eroc

I have my sites up and everything seems to be going ok but I have a few users who wants FP Extentions....

I was like ... sure FP is fine... it should work since a user and FP Ext was checked... but when they try to connect it tells them FP is not installed, no such user, etc...

I went into the control panel and clicked on FP Webadmin and I get the following message:

Access Denied

Frontpage server extentions are disabled for this server.

Anyone have any ideas what this means or why I am getting it ?!?!

Thanks,
ErocM

Eroc,

You need to go to the Windows Control panel (Under Add/Remove programs, Add/Remove Windows Components) on your server and install the Front Page Server Extensions.

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

I did that thanks !

Now I am getting the message that once they log in they don't have permissions do do anything....

I deleted the account then recreated it after I installed Frontpage and its giving me this:

plesk_perm.jpg

Does it not automatically create the permissions for you once you create the user and tell plesk to allow FP login?

Thanks !

ErocM

During the initial install Plesk asks if you want Frontpage expensions, you have to have them installed PRIOR to installing Plesk, as you cannot add them after you install Plesk :|

Eroc,

I beleive installing Front Page Server Extensions after having installed Plesk shouldn't be an issue.

You also need to make sure that under the Client Domain Setup you have these options selected:

- Microsoft FrontPage support
- Microsoft FrontPage over SSL support
- authorization ENABLED

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

Back