• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Frontpage Publishing

C

chrisw914

Everytime i publish a frontpage site at the end i get a server error 413: entity too large. There is enough room for the file so i dont see why it is too large. Any ideas?

Yes, we have Windows 2003 Web Edition with IIS 6.0/FPSE 2002 and Plesk 6.5.1 and we are experiencing the same problem as well.

It appears in the patch documentation/text for 6.5.1 says this:

[-] Problem with large FrontPage Web publication eliminated.

Legend:
[+] new feature
[-] bug fixed or removed
[*] bug fixed and improvement made

So they think they've fixed the problem, but we are all experiencing the same issue.

Hi,

The server may close the connection to prevent you from continuing the request. This may be a temporary error, please try again with some other files.

Regards,

Bright:)

I'm not sure it is a temporary problem seeing that the server always errors out at files >500K bytes. A customer has a MS-Access DB that will not upload. I've attempted to upload the same DB using the client Frontpage 2000, 2002 without success.

Hi,

May be the problem can only be resolved by examining by what your client system is trying to do, then discussing with your ISP why the Web server rejects the number of bytes sent by the client system.

Regards,

Bright:)

Uhmm, I am the ISP.

And posting files >500K bytes is pretty common in hosting environments, especially if the file is a MS-Access DB.

We have the same problem here, and really hope plesk is gona fix this soon.

did anyone open allready a ticket by plesk for that?

I did, and the technical support person directed me to fix the problem by looking in Microsoft's Knowledge base.

Basically, technical support said look at the IIS5.0 fix in MS KB, but I'm running Windows 2003 Web Editition (IIS 6.0).

I've put my rants about that in another topic. Just search for secretagentman (if possible) or Windows 2003.

Back