• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Host

G

gudzon

Hello,

In the administration area of SB 2.0, under Publish Properties there is a dropdown box FTP Host. It's empty. Why it might be empty? And why it's dropdown box and not a text field - I guess I should specify it myself.

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Peter

OK, I emailed support and got a very prompt answer. Here is what you have to do -

1. Go into "Allowed hosts management", and add your FTP server
2. Go into "Plan Management" > Your Plan > Hosts, and add the host above to it, and click apply.

After doing this, you should see the ftp server in the dropdown.
:D

Thank you very much, it worked.

However, got another message: Host cannot be activated due to the license key limits.

What limits - I don't know. Perhaps missed something.

Peter

Go into the "License" section, and check what your limits are.

Mine says -
Allowed hosts number: 1
Allowed regular sites number: 100

Thank you!

In this case I'm not exactly clear what "Host" means. Is it a single IP address? I have 3 hosts listed under one IP, and they are all active. I've tried to add another one with a different IP, and couldn't activate it.

Also, perhaps I'm not clear the what is FTP host also. I thought it's my customer's FTP host, which in my case is just a domain name. But even if I take a host wich is active and add it to the plan, I still don't see it in the dropdown list.

Peter

I would assume that "host" is a single IP address.

FTP Host is the host that you want the site to be published to. If you are publishing to multiple sites (eg your customer's sites), you need to purchase aditional hosts for your license.

I think the way it is supposed to work is that you have a single sitebuilder server, and you might have many web servers that you publish to in order to spread the load of web traffic. If you are a small hosting company, you would have sitebuilder on the same server that you use for web hosting, so the FTP host would be the same server.

If your host still isn't showing up, perhaps you have added it to the wrong plan. Even though I only have 1 entry under "Plan Management" (BasePlan), when I went into "Site Management" > your site, there were 2 plans in the "Plan" dropdown ("BasePlan revision 18.0" & "BasePlan revision 18.x"). I had to change this for the host to show up in the dropdown.

To confirm that you've added it to the right plan, go to "Site Management" > your site > "Plan Properties" > "Hosts", and make sure the host has a "+" in the "In Plan" column.

Cheers,
Matt

OK, Matt, thank you very much. You are correct, it was a revision issue. Now I have all my active hosts there.

My license allows me 1 Host, so it looks like it's a single IP address. Plus it allows me to publish to 100 sites, so I should have up to 100 FTP hosts. But all these sites must belong to one IP address.

This is how it seems to be working.

Peter

Back