1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Ftp problem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by keny, Jan 31, 2008.

1. keny

keny New Pleskian

Hi i can start any ftp connection if i try whit my software i am disconect right away.

So i try to start proftpd and got that :

Starting ftp server: proftpd - Fatal: unable to read configuration file '/etc/proftpd.conf': No such file or directory

Proftpd.conf d'ont exist in ect. Plesk is not suppose to create this file ? I try dont remove plesk and reinstall afther but dont change anyting.

I am on debian 4.0 and plesk 8.3 this is the only problem i got how to fix it ?

Thanks

2. Monica@

Monica@ Guest

Probably on Debian systems /etc/proftpd.conf is located elsewhere, for example check in /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf (or something like that). Search it with "locate proftpd.conf". When you find it create a symlink for the compatilibity:
    ln -s /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf /etc/proftpd.conf

3. keny

keny New Pleskian

Now i got :
    Starting ftp server: proftpd - Fatal: unknown configuration directive 'ModulePath' on line 7 of '/etc/proftpd/modules.conf'

And this line point to :ModulePath /usr/lib/proftpd/ and this directory doesnt exist.

thanks for help

4. keny

keny New Pleskian

up somebody know where to contact them via email ?

5. keny

keny New Pleskian

find the problem this folder d'ont exist !!! :
    /usr/lib/proftpd/

what i can do ?