• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ftp suddently not working anymore?!

C

cyrus1u1

very strange behavour.. suddenly ftp service is not working any more. if user login into plesk, the files manager works fine, but if you try to get a ftp connection you'll get "server closed connection".

any ideas?!

ive got the same problem. Not sure what it is. Also got 100% hard drive full to thats very strange.

what is also very strange.. I've got a client account with over 600 MB but the folders httpdocs and subdomains are not even 160 MB. It's getting bigger and bigger.

Backup functions are not activated!

What's just really strange, yesterday everything worked fine?! I didn't change anything at the configuration, so why should It suddendly not work anymore

I really cant see whatg the hell is happened to be honest, ive looked over the logs for suspected hacking and everything seems fine becuase APF bans users lol and got loads of other securty in place so cant see its thatg problem. Ive looked over the users usage and nothing comes clode to my 100gb drive thats full now.

FTP stops working when you do not have enough disk space I think, same with frontpage.

Mhmm but I have actually diskspace.. ftp in the plesk front-end is also working fine.. how about u?

ftp and plesk is working fine,

im looking at the \var\named\run-root\

as they seems to be it somwhere.

Ok, it's definatly not the same issue then, because I've got lots of space free.

Anyway, would could block ftp?

Solution found:
1&1 set default hostname to pXXXXXX.pureserver.info. If you change this to another hostname it's working for some time, but not if you reboot your system. I just set the hostname back to pXXXXXXX.pureserver.info and everything is working again.

I had this same type of issue after enabling Anonymous FTP. If you are still having this issue try disabling anonymous FTP assuming that it is currently enabled and see if FTP starts working again.

Originally posted by verybad
I really cant see whatg the hell is happened to be honest, ive looked over the logs for suspected hacking and everything seems fine becuase APF bans users lol and got loads of other securty in place so cant see its thatg problem. Ive looked over the users usage and nothing comes clode to my 100gb drive thats full now.

FTP stops working when you do not have enough disk space I think, same with frontpage.

Remember that any scheduled backups that you had going to an external FTP server before upgrading to 8.0 is now being stored on your local drive since they took the FTP backup option out (those bastards). So check your */psa/dumps directory and I bet you will find your unaccounted for disk space.

i'm having problems with FTP as well. When I login (passive and non-passive) it won't show me the folders in the directory. It used to, but when I would upload anything, it would stop at around 2% and then time out.

This is on a brand new server with nothing on it, so I have 80+GB of space.

FreeBSD

I've deleted the webuser, recreated it and same results. I have tried with two FTP clients and no dice.

Back