• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP trouble

E

Egenius

Hi !

I'm install Plesk 8.6.0.4 on OpenVZ virtual machine under Centos 5.2.
I have trouble with FTP connect on server. When I connect from TotalCommander I see empty page.
In logs on server I see this message:

proftpd: Deprecated pam_stack module called from service "proftpd"
proftpd: pam_env(proftpd:setcred): Unable to open config file: /etc/security/pam_env.conf: No such file or directory
proftpd: Deprecated pam_stack module called from service "proftpd"
proftpd: pam_succeed_if(proftpd:session): error retrieving information about user 0

But this file is present with permitions 644.

I try connect to active and passive mode, and get no effect.

How I can solve this problem ?
Thank's !

Oh yes!
I solved the problem. It was only a point in the config ProFTPD range of passive ports and open access to firewall.

Why?

Hi all

I detected the same problems in a fresh Plesk 9.2 installation on the logs messages and secure:

# cat /var/log/secure |grep proftpd

Jul 23 11:06:12 249115 proftpd: Deprecated pam_stack module called from service "proftpd"
Jul 23 11:06:12 249115 proftpd: pam_env(proftpd:setcred): Unable to open config file: /etc/security/pam_env.conf: No such file or directory

I fixed removing the /etc/pam.d/proftd and making new one with

# cat ftp
#%PAM-1.0
auth required /lib/security/pam_listfile.so item=user sense=deny file=/etc/ftpusers onerr=succeed
auth required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
account required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
session required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

I restarted xinetd daemon and FTP works again. My question is...Why we have to suffer this kind of problems when we are paying money to use a panel? Is not the first time, and won't be the last. And of course, the worst of all, I didn't find the solution in this forum but another. Cmon!!!

Back