• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP - vhosts/servers and vhosts/<domain>

S

scoci

Hi, I'm new to plesk and using it on a VDS (version 8.1);

I'm having trouble with FTP access:

The server has 2 directories, one of which seems to be an alias for the other for each domain:

A - "C:\Inetpub\vhosts\<domain name>\" and
B - "C:\Inetpub\vhosts\Servers\9438\localuser\<ftp user>\" (which seems to be an alias of A)

if a ftp user delete a file in FTP, it gets deleted in both A & B. However, there is a delay of 2-3 minutes between deleting a file in FTP and the server (it gets deleted but we can't overwrite, it seems server sync tool is not up-to-date, takes 2 or 3 minutes, then we can upload.)

Any idea what might cause this or what I did wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting.

What are you using for your FTP? MS FTP? CuteFTP? Some other FTP Server?

When I get home tonight I will test to see if I experience similar behavior.

I do have the same directories... Let me try the delete here in a few minutes and then I'll post my findings.

I deleted a 600MB file and it immediately disappeared from BOTH locations.

Ok, just after deleting (through FTP), can you upload a file with the smae name but different size?

It disappears on both location on my end too, but seems to be present somewhere for a few minutes (can't reupload);

I deleted a 60MB file and immediately reuploaded it. The size was the same, but that shouldn't have any affect on the upload.

Ok, thanks for the help. I'll continue testing and trying to find the source of the problem here.

Thanks again

Ok, problems narrowed to MSFTP server, seems like it returns bad file size (taken from cache) when ftp client check if size is ok after upload, therefore stopping transfer by an error.

Any idea on how to prevent MSFTP to return incorrect file size based on cached one?

Thanks.

What client are you using for the upload? I had an FTP Client that was causing me issues, switched to FileZilla (free).

That's the one that was giving me fits!

Try a different FTP client, see if you experience the same issue.

Back