1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Getting it to work... the first time

Discussion in 'Sitebuilder 3.0 for Linux' started by pete121, Mar 30, 2007.

1. pete121

pete121 Guest

Hello,

I am new to sitebuilder and am trying to publish a test site to a remote server via ftp. Does anyone know what the error message below means and how to correct the problem?

Error Message: Can't create directory 'dir1' into FTP target (dir1: Permission denied) (publication DSN is 'FTP:xxx@[***]mysite.com::/dir1', current site title is 'myNewSite' , site owner is 'pete')

I have checked the directory I created for the site's files and it is set to be written to.

Thanks.

2. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
    It seems that FTP user really don't have enough permissions for publishing OR working directory specified not quite correctly. I can suggest you to read documentation one more time http://download1.swsoft.com/SiteBuilder/3.0.2/doc/admin/en_US/index.htm

after that check settings and try to publish the site. Please check it up and let me know about the results.

3. osmoswebnow

osmoswebnow Guest

I faced this problem sometime back, and discovered that this was an error due to the path not being specified fully ...

for example, for the site osmosweb.com that was published using sitebuilder, i had to give the entire path, starting
    /wwwroot/.../osmosweb.com

just check this tangent out, and hope its helpful to you please?

Cheers
    Sanjeev

4. pete121

pete121 Guest

Thanks Guys,

I think I have found the problem... it would seem that the server I am attempting to publish to does not support SQLite 2.x.

So far, I have had problems trying to find a vps that does support it.

5. Jllynch

Jllynch Regular Pleskian

Yes we came across this problem also.

We found one SQLite source but it made problems with php and made it a bit flakey.