• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Global ISAPI Filters do not work with Plesk

M

mtwalsh

Hi,

I've noticed an issue with Plesk whereby global level ISAPI filters simply do not work.

I've tried installing ISAPI Rewrite 3 and also IIS Password at the global level in IIS and neither will function.

When I add the filters to an individual website in IIS they suddenly spring into life.

Is there any way to get these ISAPI filters working at a global level?

I'm certain this is a Plesk issue rather than the fault of the individual ISAPI filters as I have them running at a global level on another server which doesn't have Plesk.

Thanks for looking.

Many thanks for the reply but I have seen that post before and it doesn't solve my problem.

It seems strange that ISAPI Rewrite works at the site level and not at the global level.

I have it set-up and working on another server at the global level but with Plesk 8.2.0 so it might be something isolated to 8.6.

It seems strange that ISAPI Rewrite works at the site level and not at the global level.

I have it set-up and working on another server at the global level but with Plesk 8.2.0 so it might be something isolated to 8.6.

Same exact problem here in plesk 8.6..
The problem is worse when you have 300+ websites and after loading MAUNALLY the filter
you have to reconfigure them all with websrvmng --reconfigure-all .... :(

Make sure your permissions on the filter itself are such that the account/service that is accessing the filter for the web site has enough permissions to execute the ISAPI filter. I have seen before where the permissions were preventing access.

Back