• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

GoDaddy & Plesk User Forums?

D

dberry

How many people here use a Godaddy Dedicated server with Plesk 7.5.4, and do you know if any exist, or what do you think about starting godaddy peer forums?

So far I have had a great experience with both Plesk and GoDaddy. I've always used WHM/Cpanel in the past and was reluctant to make the change, but I think I like plesk better.

I have a GoDaddy VDS and the support at GoDaddy is lacking miserably. Yes, I would use the forum.

The support hasn't been the best I've ever had, but it's not been the worst either. The longest I've had to wait on hold was 15 minutes, but I use VoIP at home and the office so it doesn't cost me anyhing and I just turn the speaker phone up and go about my business. But it would really stink if I had an issue that I needed taken care of ASAP.

But because it is unmanaged, I think people like myself who are not the most fedora savvy could use a place to get together and help one another and share experiences.

I'd be more than happy to host a forum if there was enough need.

I think for Plesk support you're best looking on here than adding another forum. There are a number of experienced users on here, and a vast amount of knowledge is available by hitting search. By splitting users off to a dedicated godaddy plesk forum you're splitting the knowledge which means people either have to search and post in two places to experience the same.

For turbopanel and godaddy in general I think your forum could work, but for Plesk I think the entire community will benefit more if users only post here. The only exception to the rule should be for users posting in a foreign language.

Cranky, I totally agree, and personally I would use the Plesk boards if I had a plesk issue, but there are alot of other questions none savvy users like me have other than plesk. For example I've never had a dedicted server before so when my box was finally setup I had no clue what to do, how to secure my box, etc... GoDaddy's online help system is poor at best and leaves alot of unanswered questions, and there are a lot of non-plesk related questions that their support team won't touch.

I think these forums are also useful for help securing a new vps/server. For general GoDaddy stuff yours is fine, but I don't see any value in having the Plesk section on your boards, it would benefit more people if that redirected here probably.

Again I agree. I changed the forums to fedora, rhe4, & windows. And I will add stickys and links to the Plesk forums so hopefully people will look/post here on the Plesk forums for Plesk issues. I just hope this is useful to others. I highly value the opinions of others more experienced than me (most everyone) and hope that providing a medium for knowledge exchange will help someone.

Back