• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Grace Period?

[email protected]

Basic Pleskian
I encountered the following immediate attention from the Plesk Control Panel:

"You are currently operating within the grace period of your product license. To update your product license select the Retrieve Keys option from within License Manager."

When I click on the Retrieve Keys options within License Manager, it told me that Server response: License key PLSK.000XXXXXX.0XXXX is up-to-date.

What should I do?

Thanks

Ng Cher Choon

contact sales and pray :(

Same thing here, upgraded my key to 7.5 reloaded but haven't used it yet due to problems with the 7.5.x versions. Now the old key (7 reloaded) expires within a few days.

No way you can update or extend the period... only sales can help, but they aren't the fastest ones around...

i have a question about the date of expiry. Do you mean that we have to be under the grace of Plesk for the software that we purchase?

Why is there a expiry date for the product that we puchase? Is it supposed to be ours, instead of having a date to control us? This is very bad, in the case, if we have not administrate our Plesk control panel for some times, what will happen? Also, what happen to our software when Plesk takes his own sweet time to response?

Will it cause the whole Plesk software to stop contnuing to operate? It sounds like we are leasing the software from Plesk.

Why should Plesk keep an expiry date for it? I am starting to regret it.

You will be able to retrieve updates keys from the license manager in Plesk. This just downloads an updated key from plesk license server, you aren't leasing plesk (well, if you were, you'd know you were at least). I have found that I can only (usually) download an updated key 24hrs after it enters the grace period, not sure why, but not concerned either.

Hello,

I have the same problem as above.

-----
"You are currently operating within the grace period of your product license. To update your product license select the Retrieve Keys option from within License Manager."

When I click on the Retrieve Keys options within License Manager, it told me that Server response: License key PLSK.000XXXXXX.0XXXX is up-to-date.
-----

What is the solution? Just wait for 24 hours, or send and E-mail to sales. (I buy the unlimited time license and have payed for the SUS)

Regards,

Jeffrey.

Yes, you may have to work for 24 hours. It works for me. if they do not respond by 48 hours, you better do something. Call up Plesk or whatsoever.

Thanks

If you have anything to do with SW-Softs sales department that concerns money, make sure you call and talk to someone and have everything CONFIRMED before you hang up. We had SUS come up for renewal on one of our servers, we faxed the paperwork off twice (after they said they didn't get it the first time) and we figured everything was ok. Turns out that I get the email a month or so later saying our server SUS expired and we have to pay full price to reinstate it. SW-Soft said they never got our payment/paperwork so they assumed we never sent it. :rolleyes:

My license expires at 1 Feb. 2005. CET I think that de server that hold de licenses was still on 31 Jan. 2005.

I try it now again, and the license is success full updated. So I think that it is just the date.

That’s what Cranky already says, just wait for 24 hours when you have your server in a different time zone. :cool:

Same Issue, Easy Fix for Me

I had the same issue on my machine, I got the same message at the top of the control panel about being in a Grace Period.

I fixed it quickly and easily, I went to Server -> License Management -> Retrieve Keys. After I did that the message disappeared and everything was ok.

I contacted Plesk Sales after that to double check, and they said that I wasn't due for any payment for a long time.

Brandon Petersen

Back