• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Guide to Install Mailenable Pro

Hi Claudius,

Thanks for your offer to help in the other thread. I've got a small issue.

MEPro WebMail works from my main server IP or FQDN:

servername.domain.com/webmail

I am able to login perfectly with a virtual domain mail user account username and pass.

However, I am unable to get webmail from

webmail.virtualdomain.com

DNS is set correctly of course, what I think is happening is I screwed up the global redirect for webmail somewhere along the way.

I don't know anything about redirects in IIS. Do you have any ideas on what I can check? How is the original webmail.domain.com redirect setup by Plesk?

Also, what anonymous user do you have configured for webmail(default) in IIS?

Thank you!

Brandon

you are however persistent
I do not have time to explain howto write a script to redirect
from anydomain.com/webmail to webmail.anydomain.com.

take php or asp

cut right from url " /webmail and add to url webmail. + url

take a look to a programming manuel. I mostly take visaulstudio there I wrote such a thing fast.
a little fun to learn - you are to also have

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. You have mis-understood my question.

I know how to do redirect in asp, php, or html.

What I want to know is how to restore the original functionality where

brings up the MEPro webmail page. Currently when I go to webmail.virtdomain.com I get a 404 error.

Any help is appreciated!

Brandon

Originally posted by cbtrussell
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. You have mis-understood my question.

I know how to do redirect in asp, php, or html.

What I want to know is how to restore the original functionality where

brings up the MEPro webmail page. Currently when I go to webmail.virtdomain.com I get a 404 error.

Any help is appreciated!

Brandon

Did you follow the instructions of changing the settings in IIS and also for mailenables WebEmail settings ?

If so, then it might be pointing to the wrong directory, or the permissions aren't set properly, try run the Plesk Reconfigurator program and reconfigure the vhost user privs and plesk user privs, it should fix it if the privs on the MEWebMail directory are not setup properly.

I have to find out more than 20 times plesk with mail again installed over like it go. if you an error make in ime_user or webmail dyrectory.then you cannot put it back to 95% no more.I restored then with acronis drive image. plesk again installed and mailenable tries to runs to bring.

best it is to be started from a clean installation to

cbtrusselö, IIs has history files that you can restore the webmail domain from, they are in the windows/inetserv directory.

Could someone who has a working MailEnable Pro webmail installation please look in the IIS > webmail (default) > properties > Directory Security and tell me which user is assigned for anonymous browsing... is it the IUSR_<machinename> or IME_USER?

Mine stopped working after an IIS reinstall and I am being challened for a password again upon trying to reach webmail.domain.com

Thanks for the info,

Brandon

IUSR_servername

only I fear that you fired too much onto the machine - make you calm on a new installation.

attempts should do you always on a test server

I would will mean with gained experience the merak mail server prefer.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Would you do me one more favor and let me know which identity is configured for the webmail application pool?

Thanks!

Brandon

Originally posted by cviviani
only I fear that you fired too much onto the machine - make you calm on a new installation.

Thanks again for the reply.

In several threads you urge starting over with a fresh installation. That's just not practical advice - unfortunately I'm working with a production box with production sites. I've got to believe these problems are simple enough to fix that they don't require a new install. If they do, then perhaps I chose the wrong control panel for my customers.

You mentioned Merak - is your experience with Merak better than MailEnable Pro?

Thanks,

Brandon

the merak server has very many predivide and is suitable for a professional employment.

mailenable is like a tricycle

we have 90% the domainen on a classical environment run.

plesk is for an economical and a stable hosting still operated in an early stage.

like everyone white a secondary mailserver should be present.
the transmission dns zone to other dns servers should be solved.
plesk that does not support. plesk to use in such a way like it is laid out - that should be solved.

which pictures ?

unfortunately are for the moment very busily with voip asterisk and has no time for other one.

does this procedure apply also for plesk 7.5? any changes or extra steps?

Just wondering here

-Andres

Back