• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Have server obey external MX priorities for local domain

D

Drew Graham

How can I tell my server to lookup and obey external NS and MX entries?

I have several domains on my Plesk server. I send e-mails primarily through this server via mail.dgcomputers.co.uk.

Several of my clients have domains on the same server, which they use as secondary mail servers.

The MX entries in the DNS of my clients' domains point primarily to their own SMTP server (smtp.domain.com) and then secondarily to my Plesk server (mail.domain.com). The domains are registered, and name servers hosted, elsewhere. My plesk server has no DNS responsibilities for these domains.

When I send mail to my clients' addresses, it is sent through mail.dgcomputers.co.uk, and delivered locally to the plesk server-based e-mail accounts rather than obeying the MX entries in the name servers and delivering it to their own SMTP servers.

How can I tell my server to lookup and obey external NS and MX entries?

How to deliver internal email to external MX on Plesk?

Same issue here. We can solve it by directly editing the config files, but via the Plesk interface it seems to not be possible yet.

Back