• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HELO Issues with Virtual Domains in Qmail on PLesk...

S

slehmann

Hi There,

I have plesk 8.6 installed, running several virtual domains on exclusive IPs. I use the box for email marketing for several clients. I have te box set up this was so that the sender reputation of one IP/domain will not affect the others. However, I've noticed that all email going out of the box bears the HELO message with the box's hostname and IP. This is problematic, escpecially with hotmail as they seem to aggregate sender reputation based on the IP address in the HELO message.

I did find this (http://www.digitaldaemon.com/FreeBSD/qmail/index.html), and I'm tempted to try it. It scertainly addresses my issues above.

However, the process would basically require me to do a complete reinstall of qmail on the box, and I'm concerned about it breaing some of the PLESK hooks I see in the Qmail Control and Bin directories.

Does anyone know of another solution that would have Qmail send virtual domain-specific HELO messages without having to rebuild qmail and render PLESK unsupportable?

Thanks

Stefan

Ziba, thank you.

I've been thrashing around for days and haven't found another solution either, though I have found a helpful article on how to combine my own qmail customizations with the ones Plesk uses to rebuild qmail...and hopefully get the desired result.

Stefan

Back