• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help! 7.5.4 autoupdate failed!

T

TheMatrix

Hello-

*** NOTE I accidentally posted this in the "How do I" forum, and I can't delete it. ***

I just tried to autoupdate Plesk 7.5.3 to 7.5.4, and it failed with:

Trying to apply 7.5.4 changes to database... ERROR 1051 at line 1: Unknown table 'stat'

ERROR while trying to run the following SQL query: DROP TABLE stat

Aborting...

What went wrong?

TM

After renaming /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.init.bak to httpd.init, things seem to be working temporarily.

Plesk says it's up to date, but it stills ays 7.5.3. How can I force it to run the update again?

Thanks.

TM

There is a problem with the database. You must correct it manually and then force the upgrade from command line using the RPM.

Thanks...but how do I do that?

a. What's wrong with the DB.
b. How do I force it? It keeps saying its already updated when I try to install the RPM manually.

Thanks!

TM

From the error you posted,
Unknown table 'stat'

ERROR while trying to run the following SQL query: DROP TABLE stat
Either the table does not exist, or the updater was not able to delete/drop the table by that name. Are you running on a VPS system or a dedicated server? And you were running the updater as the Server Admin, right?

it's a dedicated box with nothing but Plesk 7.5 on it. In the past I was able to update to the minor revisions with no difficulty, leading up to 7.5.3.

Thanks.

TM

Hmm, well you can use the command line mysql to try and manually drop the 'stat' table. Or if you have phpMyAdmin installed you can browse the psa database in a nice GUI (I recommend this method)

As to your question "How do I force it?", to force any RPM, you would use:

rpm -Uvh --force name-of-package.rpm

If you get dependency errors, you could use:

rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps name-of-package.rpm

Note: Sometimes this can resolve errors, but personally I do not like doing this for a control panel or other critical type update/upgrade. Use at your own risk.

How do I deal with all those packages? The instructions say to do them all at once, but Plesk is the only one that wasn't installed right to begin with, so it seems a bit illogical to force the install of everything else that's working.

Thanks.

TM

How do I deal with all those packages?
All which packages? Did you first try installing phpMyAdmin and resolve the 'stat' table issue?
The instructions say to do them all at once
Which instructions are you referring to?
it seems a bit illogical to force the install of everything else that's working
If you have packages which are running fine, then of course there would be no need to reinstall those.
In the past I was able to update to the minor revisions with no difficulty
7.5.4 is not what I would call a minor update.... But if you want to force the re-install of Plesk itself, first find the file who's name begins with 'psa-7.5.4-yourOSversion', CD into that directory, then from the SSH shell prompt, do:

rpm -Uvh --force name-of-file-goes-here

If you get any 'dependency' errors, then you would have to add '--nodeps' to the command (without the quotes). Note: As I stated before, I do not recommend doing this method, just giving answers. It is better to find and fix the error in the first place, rather than forcing a package to re-install which may not solve the problem and possibly may cause further problems. Always make sure you have a full server backup!

I haven't tried anything yet, but I will shortly.

I do know the stat tables doesn't exist - that was the first thing I checked yesterday.

I was referring to Plesk's upgrade instructions...where it says to do all the packages at once with one rpm command. I'll do as you suggested though.

Thanks for your help.

TM

Hmm, then if it does not exist, what if you create an empty table 'stats', which would then satisfy the intaller's need to 'drop table stats'...? I don't know what created that table, I cannot find it on any 7.5.3 servers I can access.

Back