• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HELP! - - > ERROR: PleskFatalException

T

thinkbsd

Okay I dont know what happened but I just started receiving these errors after creating a new certificate for the server.

When I attempt to login I dont receive a login prompt, but instead I get this error:

ERROR: PleskFatalException

Components::componentUpdate() failed: Unable to exec utility packagemng: Empty error message from utility.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:479

- - - -

FREEBSD 5.4.3
PleskV8

Okay getting alittle nervous now. Where exactly are the log files for plesk. I've found the http/mail logs. Is there an admin log for errors within plesk?

Have nearly the same errors...

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Components::componentUpdate() failed: Unable to exec utility packagemng: packagemng: failed to open semaphore file /opt/psa/var/utilities.sem: Permission denied System error 13: Permission denied

0: /opt/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:479

Okay I've fixed this myself. Why does it seem most problems that people are posting on here they have to result to fixing it themselves?

Well my FIX was to reinstall. When it asks would you like to upgrade, i selected yes. Luckily I didnt lose any data. If this happens one more time I'm giving up on Plesk. I was half way through purchasing a Cpanel license before I thought I may as well and go gun-ho and reinstall and see what happens.

For all of you that are having the same problems, good luck with the reinstallation. It worked for me.. =/ with my fingers crossed the whole time of course..

I think i got that issue after installing a 4PSA modul. Checking that right now.

Well... figured out that "dpkg -r psa-spamassassin" caused the problem. Trying to figure out, how to fix that.

Same here

Had the same... removed psa-spamassassin using apt-get remove as it didn;t work. Result was the same.
Now "upgrading" my server to get it working again using the plesk installer script and hope it doen's break.....

Was there also another solution to solve it? or is it still an issue?

Back