• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help! Error while migrating.

R

r.basiga

I need help! How do I solve this? What could be the cause? This error occured while migrating.

Execution of '/usr/local/psa/bin/tomcat.sh' '--set-status' 'true' '-domain' 'alsionline.com' failed with the return code 1.
STDOUT:

STDERR:
warning: failed to load external entity "/var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml"
tomcatmng: Document /var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml not parsed successfully
warning: failed to load external entity "/var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml"
tomcatmng: Document /var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml not parsed successfully
Unable to turn Tomcat Service on: Unable to install Tomcat vhost: tomcatmng: Document /var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml not parsed successfully

Failed deployment of domain alsionline.com
Assertion failed: content.size()

jamesyeeoc suggested this to me:

1. Does the domain use Tomcat on the original server? If not, try turning it off on the original server before migrating.

2. Does the new server have all necessary Tomcat components installed? If not, then do so and try again.

3. It is possible that the server.xml file is corrupt in some way. Can you compare them on each server to see if there are any differences?

4. I gave up on the Migration Manager shortly after they implemented it, it was buggy, and still is buggy.

5. You are probably still with a valid service agreement to Plesk, so you may want to open a service ticket directly to them. They are more familiar with what 'bugs' the MM has. Personally, I and my associates do it the old fashioned way and transfer domains and databases manually, that way I know it's done right, even for hundreds of domains. Takes more time, but at least we know what we're doing. I have no clue what the Plesk MM is doing...

Back