1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Help fishing SPAM out of the Q

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by nhouse, Dec 1, 2005.

1. nhouse

nhouse Guest

Hi Again... please give me your recommendation about what utility or method would be the easiest for a newbie to search the Qmail que and delete SPAM. It would be nice to be able to delete all of it "by address, etc." in one fell swoop. I use RH9 with Plesk 7.5.3

EDIT: I have searched the forums... and I know there are a few programs listed... but I would like your personal opinion based upon your real world experiences. Thanks.

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    qmHandle is about the easiest IMO. You can search local and remote queues as well as delete on demand. You can delete all or just ones with 'failure notice' or '*****SPAM*****' in the subject line.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmhandle

And did I mention - it's free.

3. nhouse

nhouse Guest

Thanks for your input... can you search for specific email addresses? Use wildcards?

4. phoenixisp

57%
    No, I don't think so. But it will list all of them for you to scan through and then you can delete by number.

5. nhouse

nhouse Guest

Thanks again... is the interface hard to get used to? I am sure it is a command line environment.

6. phoenixisp

57%
    Yep, it's all command line - but very simple. Really, I can do it!