• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

help! i mess something up royally

R

rimonline

I upgraded my psa to 7.5.4 and was unhappy with the default spamassassin results so I have been trying to to upgrade via art yums. but i have seriously messed something up. going to the control panel webpage I get:

ERROR: Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) 0: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:81 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)")

accessing qmail on port 25 gives:

relaylock: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

and trying to run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v

chokes with:

mchk: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
mchk: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
mchk: Unable to connect to the mysql database
mchk: Unable to connect to the mysql database

can someone help me get back to a stable state, so mail is routing. hell, I'll deal with the extra spam.

Thanks,

Scott

ok, my yum upgrade of art rpms had gotten sideways somehow. I re-ran it, rebooted, and ran /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v because I was getting login errors in imap and pop3. It seems to have settled down but I'm going to have to keep an eye on it to make sure everything is still working like it should.

The only thing I can see so far is that qmail's response on port 25 seems slower now. It takes about 10 seconds to show a banner when you connect to it.

Scott

HELP! I keep getting username/password declined in my outlook. THen I get this on mchk

mchk: Unable to initialize quota settings for [email protected]
System error 2: No such file or directory
mchk: Unable to initialize quota settings for [email protected]
System error 2: No such file or directory

I go in delete and re-add the account then it does it for another domain. What can i do to fix this issue and not delete everyone's e-mail?

Resolved:

I have ran following command to correct IMAP folder structure (the way they were created - it was not quite correct, possibly it is mail client specifics):

# find /var/qmail/mailnames -type d -name '.*' -a -not -name '.spamassassin' -exec touch '{}'/maildirfolder \; -exec chown popuser:popuser '{}'/maildirfolder \;

Then ran mchk tool:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

It completed without errors this time

Back