• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HELP ME!some wrongs with ODBC database!

?

:)))

I had installed the PLESK 7.5.4 for WIN2003 ,When i will built a database with MYSQL in ODBC 3.51 driver,but when i filled all the tables with the driver,click NEXT,it display as follow:

Unable to connect to the data source useing the defined settings.Server has retured:ODBCError:HYT00:[MYSQL][ ODBC 3.51 driver]Access denied for user'test@localhost' (Using password:YES)

who can help me and fix the problem!im puzzled!~
thx!:(

from the error message it looks like it's a username/password issue.

check that you use the correct username/password to connect to mysql through ODBC.

I had installed the PLESK 7.5.4 for win2003 more than 10 times and changed 2 licenses,but these troubles all the same been,so I am crazy now.I installed the PLESK successfully,but when I used the ODBC functions the troubles happened!

1st,I clicked the shortcut of ODBCSettings

1.jpg

2nd,I can see the "ODBC CSN"shortcut
2.jpg

3rd,I clicked the Add New ODBC DSN,add the INFO to the tables
3.jpg

4,I clicked the OK,and next
4.jpg

5,when i fill in the tables,and clicked the NEXT,like the follow PIC:
5.jpg

6,WHO CAN HELP ME?!THX!

:(

I question the "@localhost" portion of the login. If you're trying to connect from a different computer (computer01 for example), the ID being sent to the server might actually be "test@computer01" not "test@localhost".

I'm just guessing here, but the error message tells me that you ARE connecting, but the server is rejecting the ID or password...since you checked the password, check the ID.

Originally posted by eara01
I question the "@localhost" portion of the login. If you're trying to connect from a different computer (computer01 for example), the ID being sent to the server might actually be "test@computer01" not "test@localhost".

I'm just guessing here, but the error message tells me that you ARE connecting, but the server is rejecting the ID or password...since you checked the password, check the ID.
THANK U,first!
But,my database and server in the same computer,so I don't know how to fix the problem?:(

Click on the "databases" icon for the domain name and post a screenshot of that here.

Originally posted by PaulC
Click on the "databases" icon for the domain name and post a screenshot of that here.
Thank u very much!
the PIC as follow :
6.jpg
:)

That isnt the right section... the database section within the domain name is where you should be setting up a database.

Once logged in Plesk, click the client. Then select the domain name and click the Databases icon within there.

Originally posted by PaulC
That isnt the right section... the database section within the domain name is where you should be setting up a database.

Once logged in Plesk, click the client. Then select the domain name and click the Databases icon within there.

thank u very much!:D

Back