1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP ME!some wrongs with ODBC database!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by :))), Aug 22, 2005.

1. :)))

:))) Guest

I had installed the PLESK 7.5.4 for WIN2003 ,When i will built a database with MYSQL in ODBC 3.51 driver,but when i filled all the tables with the driver,click NEXT,it display as follow:

Unable to connect to the data source useing the defined settings.Server has retured:ODBCError:HYT00:[MYSQL][ ODBC 3.51 driver]Access denied for user'test@localhost' (Using password:YES)

who can help me and fix the problem!im puzzled!~
    thx!:(

2. :)))

why no one can help me?!:confused:

3. enacht

enacht Guest

from the error message it looks like it's a username/password issue.

check that you use the correct username/password to connect to mysql through ODBC.

4. :)))

I had checked,but the same as before!:(

5. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    Have you setup the database and the user "test" through the databases section?

6. :)))

I had installed the PLESK 7.5.4 for win2003 more than 10 times and changed 2 licenses,but these troubles all the same been,so I am crazy now.I installed the PLESK successfully,but when I used the ODBC functions the troubles happened!

1st,I clicked the shortcut of ODBCSettings

[​IMG]

2nd,I can see the "ODBC CSN"shortcut
    [​IMG]

3rd,I clicked the Add New ODBC DSN,add the INFO to the tables
    [​IMG]

4,I clicked the OK,and next
    [​IMG]

5,when i fill in the tables,and clicked the NEXT,like the follow PIC:
    [​IMG]

6,WHO CAN HELP ME?!THX!

:(

7. eara01

eara01 Guest

I question the "@localhost" portion of the login. If you're trying to connect from a different computer (computer01 for example), the ID being sent to the server might actually be "test@computer01" not "test@localhost".

I'm just guessing here, but the error message tells me that you ARE connecting, but the server is rejecting the ID or password...since you checked the password, check the ID.

8. :)))

THANK U,first!
    But,my database and server in the same computer,so I don't know how to fix the problem?:(

9. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    Click on the "databases" icon for the domain name and post a screenshot of that here.

10. :)))

Thank u very much!
    the PIC as follow :
    [​IMG] :)

11. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    That isnt the right section... the database section within the domain name is where you should be setting up a database.

Once logged in Plesk, click the client. Then select the domain name and click the Databases icon within there.

12. :)))

thank u very much!:D