• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help with backup

S

stevenf

Hello

I use 7.5.4 fresh install, i want to backup using plesk backup 7.5.050712.15(1.0.2018.24492)

but he say
Dump error
"run time error : failed to connect to database : access denied for user 'admin''@'localhost' (using password : yes)
please help

It seems Plesk database have missed password for admin user. You need stop MySQL and run it with --skip-grant-tables key. After that you need update admin password in user table of mysql db with smth like "update user set password=('newpass') where user='admin';" After that you need run "flush privileges;" and then you will be able to create backup.

btw, can you login to Plesk CP ?

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer, i can login into plesk with admin without problem.

So, i try now your answer, i'll be back in few minutes for say if it's okay (i don't really understrand 100% of what i need to do, but i try)

brb !

sorry but he don't work

my user admin have same password in psa 8306 and mysql 3306 password, i can with it to open database using navicat client , i can login into panel with it, but

1. i cant change the password in plesk in server>database>mysql , sayinh "Try to etablish connection failed: Run-Time error: Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: Yes)

same error when i try to make ftp save ...

does quote are normaly here at "for user 'admin'@'localhost'" ?

Dunno what i can do ... all other thing on the server work fine i hope.

............ OMG ! it work !!!

Err ... in fact, in admin panel, i've goes to "change admin password" put the old, put the new, validate ...

and no error, great

But i've try to put another password used on the old password field and put another time the new one, and now, the problem have disapear !?

Why when we change the admin password when the old isn't the right supposed to be they're no error, i hope the psa database was not synch with other place where was the admin password ...

I'm not really clear but i'm not english and i try to write best as i can, anyway, now it's work !!! :D

This happend to me after I changed the password for mysql.. cause I couldnt login.. and then later I changed it back to match the user login.. but I still can't get the my backups to work!

Back