• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hits and mailing lists

S

samreich

Hi, guys. First time poster. I was very happy to discover this forum.

I'm have one question and one complaint.

My question is, in what corner of Plesk can I find a record of how many hits my site has gotten? I get a LogWatch every day, but it's very confusing.

My complaint is, I've been sending out an e-mail every week with over a hundred people BCC'd, and many of them have been complaining about receiving it two or even four times. Is this a bug in the program? I'd like very much to send the e-mail out using "Mailing lists," but when I click on it, I get the message "Mailing lists are disabled because mailman is not configured." Is using Mailing lists likely to solve my issue? If so, how can I configure mailman?

Thanks!

Sam

Hi Sam,

My question is, in what corner of Plesk can I find a record of how many hits my site has gotten? I get a LogWatch every day, but it's very confusing.

You should enable webstats for this domain, then you should be able to see your stats using http://mydomain.com/webstat (but it is usally only updated every 24h).

My complaint is, I've been sending out an e-mail every week with over a hundred people BCC'd, and many of them have been complaining about receiving it two or even four times. Is this a bug in the program?

How do you send these mails?

so, how can I configure mailman?

Try to enable mailman in Plesk (Server->Mailman) ...

Regards,

Pink

Thanks, Pink, but where would I find Webstats within the Plesk control panel?

I see Mailman settings under server, but it's greyed out so that I can't click it. Why do you think that is?

I really appreciate your help.

Hi Sam,

Thanks, Pink, but where would I find Webstats within the Plesk control panel?

What do you mean exactly? You can activate it in hosting setup for domain ... you then find stats at http://mydomain.com/webstat ...

I see Mailman settings under server, but it's greyed out so that I can't click it. Why do you think that is?

What does it say in left frame? Did you install Mailman ? (server->updater)

Regards,

Pink

Still having bad trouble. It's asking me for a username and password for viewing Webstats, and the ones I use to log into Plesk aren't working. iPower has been awful in terms of responding to my tech questions. Also, when I try to install Mailman, I get an e-mail saying "download failed for some reason"!! Help?

Update:

Managed to log into Webstats, but still no luck with Mailman.

Webstats question:

Of Hits, Files, Sites, Visits and Pages, what is the best guage of how many unique viewers a site has per month? I'm looking at mrunix.net's Webalizer help, but it's not very enlightening. I get the sense that it's Sites.

Hi,

You can find Mailman mailing lists for each domain in 'Mail', it is 'the other' tab.

Regards

Back