• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

hmailserver [REQUEST]

A

atticus

We have had various problems with MailEnable and have come across a very nice mail server known as HMailServer. It has more features such as IMAP, Bettwe Webmail, and better administrator tools. It can be found at www.hmailserver.com and were wondering if it's possible to have it integrated to Plesk as an alternative Free Mail Solution. This would allow the use of IMAP as well without having to purchase MailEnable Pro.

Well, I got a similar request, but for MailSite from RockLiffe. Wonder if SWSoft is willing to tell us if they are working on additional integration and if so, for which solutions.

Also, SWSoft, if you are not, is that something that can be developed on demand ?

Regards,

Benoit.

*bump* I looking for an hmailserver integeration to Plesk. I have been using Hmailserver for some time, and its simply the best, feature rich mailserver that I have found to date.

I might also add, that Helm supports hmailserver :confused:

Regards

Zeus

Any updates?

I am very interested in this as well. Any updates on this integration before I decide to pour hours of my own time into scripting the hMailServer COM API?

It's an opensource application with built-in IMAP, Spam Controls, etc.. It's a great full featured mailserver.

Originally posted by ZeusChicago
It's an opensource application with built-in IMAP, Spam Controls, etc.. It's a great full featured mailserver.
Ummmm... right. I know what it is and what id does. lol :p

I was asking if anyone has found anything out about integrating it into Plesk. :D

Originally posted by ryanm
Ummmm... right. I know what it is and what id does. lol :p

I was asking if anyone has found anything out about integrating it into Plesk. :D

I know, I was just giving it some more props in the hopes that someone from plesk takes a look . I accuallt have mailenable running on a differant port just for plesk notifications and I use hmailserver (but I would love to see it enbeded) :D

I just hate having my customers use plesk for some stuff, and phpmyadmin interface in hmailserver for other stuff.

Z

There is a possibility that Plesk 7.5.7 will have hMailServer as a mail server. Our developers are still working on this feature.

Originally posted by jbuts
There is a possibility that Plesk 7.5.7 will have hMailServer as a mail server. Our developers are still working on this issue.

That would be great! I have to tell you, hmailserver is one of the best mailserver applications (opensource) that I have found. I have recommended it to ton's of my fellow webhost managers.

I will have to post this link over on the hmailserver boards for them to see!

Z

p.s. http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3303&highlight=

p.s.s. I have NOTHING to do with hmailserver at all, other than being a big fan of their product.

<--- more than happy to help alpha/beta test anything you guys do without question or complaint :D

Zeus

Back