• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde and IE 8

danliker

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Certified Professional
If you use Horde with IE 8 you can't open "Webmail" and "Kalender" in the left navigation.
It works if you change to "Compatibility View".

is it a Horde bug ?

danliker,

You should contact Horde support on this, this is a Horde issue.

LOL !!

horde allready fixed it in actual versions, but plesk uses a very old one !

LOL - Horde with Firefox

danliker,

You should contact Horde support on this, this is a Horde issue.

This is a non-supported issue because Parallels is only supporting I.E. 7.0 when I.E. 8.0 is the download the Microsoft is now pushing.

I switched my whole office to CentOS 5.3 Linux and Firefox for Linux and Horde with Firefox works great. >:)

I was able to find an hack to correct this, as Parallels seems to be unable to offer any sollution.

Edit the following 3 files with pico or your favorite editor:

/usr/share/psa-horde/templates/index/frames_index.inc
/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/templates/common-header.inc
/usr/share/psa-horde/templates/common-header.inc

There's line "<head>" in the each file. Add the following line after it:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

This should force IE8 to run in IE7 compatibility mode and solve the problem - however I haven't complitely tested it yet, but at least the left frame menu seems to work.

However the proper way to fix is this - of course - that Parallels would update the Horde to it's newest version in next Plesk release. However, I am kind of doubtfull.. :/

Also, If you want to fix the IE8 compatibility problem with Plesk GUI itself, Parallels got the instructions for that:
http://kb.odin.com/en/6561

Unfortunatelly, after some testing, my hack didn't fix the problem :(

The IE8 seems to stuck in loading the left panel after the "+" sign on the mail menu is clicked and won't open.

So it seems that still the only way to fix this problem is to direct your customers to use the "compatibility view" when using IE8.

And how very unfortunately, even just released Plesk 9.3 for Linux doesn't seem to have Horde fixed or updated - but just some minor bug fixed!! Why Parallels, why??

Horde IE8 supported will be added in 9.5 Plesk versions. For now Please use workaround "Compatibility view" which is provided by IE8.

Horde IE8 supported will be added in 9.5 Plesk versions. For now Please use workaround "Compatibility view" which is provided by IE8.

Okay. And when will be this Plesk 9.5 released?

Parallels has just released Plesk 9.3 - so will there be also versions 9.3.1 and 9.3.2 and 9.3.3 and 9.4.0 and 9.4.1 and 9.4.2 and 9.4.4 before releasing Plesk 9.5 somewhere late year 2017 what fixes also Horde? :)

I don't want to be mean but postponing important fixes and releasing new versions every half year that fixes virtually nothing is just unbearable. What we need is at least an instructions how to update Horde on the current version of Plesk.

As I wrote here a lot of times - we never provide any ETA. But I can say that 9.5 can be released in 2-3 month. Maybe earlier and maybe later.

I have sent your question about possibility for manually Horde upgrade. I will post instruction to Workarounds if I receive it.

Back