• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde :: Fatal Error

D

Dan Brennan

Hi

We were using our webmail facilities fine this morning, then about an hour later we got this message

A fatal error has occurred
DB Error: no database selected
Details have been logged for the administrator.

We havent modified anything.

After looking at the logs we can see this
Jul 22 09:48:32 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for [email protected] [213.130.153.148] to {localhost:110} [on line 154 of "C:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\imp\redirect.php"]
Jul 22 11:06:19 HORDE [emergency] [horde] DB Error: no database selected: ** ** Array [on line 1637 of "C:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\lib\Horde\DataTree\sql.php"]

As you can see it was working fine the 9:48 but at 11:06 it had stopped working

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

Hi

I realise it is a database problem but firstly its the default install of horde so is running from an sqlite database i believe.

Is there anyway of resetting horde to use mysql instead?

Dan

Hi, we're experiencing the same problem. Did you manage to resolve this issue at all?

We also use the default SQLite database and have not had any issues until recently.

Regards
Rob

Hi Rob

No we never managed to solve it we ended up upgrading our MailEnable software to the proffesional edition so we could use there built in webmail software, if you do manage to solve would be usefull to know.

Regards
Dan

Hi Dan,

I managed to solve the issue by giving plesk user psaserv write permission C:\Windows\Temp.

This is where it writes it's session data, and it was unable to do this because it did not have appropriate permissions.

I'm guessing these permissions were changed at some stage without realising it.

Despite what the log said, it wasn't a database issue at all.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Rob

I could not connecto Horde for nearly 3 months, I am not sure there is a problem in my computer but looks like no problem. I thought that there is a problem with HORDE itself, no login no connection.

Back