• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde stopped working (7.5.4)

C

cliffrowley

I updated to 7.5.4 a few days ago, and everything appeared to be working fine - except now I've just attempted to use webmail and Horde is no longer working.

Basically, I am able to log in - but I can never get past the login screen. If I enter an incorrect password, I get "Login failed". If I use the correct password, I am presented with the login screen again and no error message.

I enabled debugging output in the Horde config and this is what I got:

Sep 14 14:37:16 HORDE [debug] [imp] SQL Query by Prefs_sql::retrieve(): SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = ? AND (pref_scope = ? OR pref_scope = 'horde') ORDER BY pref_scope [on line 123 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/sql.php"]
Sep 14 14:37:16 HORDE [debug] [imp] SQL Query by DataTree_sql::_buildLoadQuery(): SELECT datatree_id, datatree_parents FROM horde_datatree WHERE datatree_name = ? AND group_uid = ? ORDER BY datatree_id [on line 179 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]
Sep 14 14:37:16 HORDE [debug] [imp] SQL Query by Prefs_sql::retrieve(): SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = ? AND (pref_scope = ? OR pref_scope = 'horde') ORDER BY pref_scope [on line 123 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/sql.php"]
Sep 14 14:37:16 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for [email protected] [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] to {localhost:143} [on line 155 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/redirect.php"]
Sep 14 14:37:16 HORDE [debug] [horde] SQL Query by DataTree_sql::_buildLoadQuery(): SELECT datatree_id, datatree_parents FROM horde_datatree WHERE datatree_name = ? AND group_uid = ? ORDER BY datatree_id [on line 179 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]
Sep 14 14:37:17 HORDE [notice] [imp] xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [on line 31 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/login.php"]

Any ideas? :(

Just to add, this is the same for every single webmail account - not just mine.

Same is happening for me

Was working fine. then customers started calling in complaining en mass. i had updated about 25 days ago and no issues other than halfl of my custom icons got blown away. spent the time to fix that and all was sell till around thursday the 15th when one or two customers started complaining, i was still able to login and the majority of other customers had no issues only one or two were having issues. Now today saturday morning nobody can login. i have gone through and done all of the debian updates hoping that might resolve something, that didnt do anything so i updated plesk (saw some horde updates in there). updates done and still nobody can login.
here is what my logs are seeing.
Sep 17 12:09:03 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN x.x.x.x to localhost:143[imap/notls] as lisa [on line 247 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

Hmm, I'm not even getting an error message saying login failed. For all intents and purposes, according to the log files, as far as I believe, I *am* logging in successfully - however the login screen is being returned instead of the page I am supposed to be seeing. If I put in the wrong password, only then do I (obviously) see a login failed message on the screen and in the logs.

SOMEONE at SWSoft must be able to figure something out, this is pretty pathetic. A minor upgrade should NOT break a system... Is Plesk even tested before it's let out of the bag?

I'm getting a bit angry now because it's a week later and our server still has no webmail.

Might be of help

I had done the update to 7.5.4 when it first came out and had no issues till about thursday, the only thing that changed was a added a few new apps and in doing so i restarted mysql.

this box has never been rebooted till today and then only out a act of desperation. once i actually have some time(sometime on sunday and still less than 2 hours) ill spend a little time to try to debug this a bit further. till then.

You rule tek :)

However much your efforts are appreciated though, it really shouldn't be down to you to have to fix it. SWSoft is a company *selling* this product that breaks almost every time you upgrade it. Just makes me wonder where all this license money goes.

Agreed

But i need this fixed. ASAP. I'm off to find out what i can at the horde site. ill post back anything i can find out if i can help you out.

Problem Solved

Ok,
here is how to fix the loooping login issue. i'll leave the venting for the end. :cool:

Edit your php.ini file and look for the session.auto_start = 0 section

notice that it now reads 1 and not zero.

Yeah that is right when we all updated plesk it appears they created a new php.ini file and quess what? its now broken. Either that or the newest version of Horde breaks with this set that way and this should have been found and before pushing out to everyone

Great Job SW Soft.

You have not only managed to cost me 3 days of headaches and piss off a lot of my customers you have not even fixed what you broke or notified anyone that it might be a issue and left it up to your customers to find the fix themselves.

_tek - you may be better off creating your own 'Theme', that way updates won't keep wiping out your mods/tweaks....

Oh pants. Thanks _tek, but it appears that session.auto_start is already 1 in php.ini :(

1 is incorrect

change it to be zero and restart apache. that should solve your issue

mods/tweaks

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
_tek - you may be better off creating your own 'Theme', that way updates won't keep wiping out your mods/tweaks....

I am aware of that, what is getting clobbered each time is the actual icons/images horde uses in each of its screens. i am not modifying any code at this point since i have been unable to make heads or tales out of where all the html parts of things reside. i am just replacing its icons with nicer ones and renaming them to match the old icon.

this also means i can zip up my changes and distribute them as a icon set, unzip the archive and drop them in place overwriting hordes icons and until the time you do a update everything is cool but since i have this done maintaining the same file names and data structure its one simple command to restore the icons each time they do get clobbered.

FIXED

Hi all !

After updating to Plesk 7.5.4 webmail pages where blank.
I found that update replaced /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.include which was now blank except the servername !!!

Restored the old and restarted httpd fixed it, hope plesk will not overwrite the include file ?!

Regards,
Bart

Same but different

I am having pretty much the exact same issue as stated in the first post but only a handful of my customers are experiencing it. One customer in particular is able to login to horde from work but is not able to from home. At home he gets the login screen over and over with no error message.

I have checked my php.ini file and the session.auto_start is already set to 0. I have checked his cookie settings on his home browser and they are fine. Other customers are reporting pretty much the exact same set of circumstances.

Any ideas?

Same thing...

Guys I am still having this problem. Session.autostart is set to 0 my include file is populated. This happened right after I upgraded to 7.5.4. Please post any fixes as I think this is still going on.

I did find this:
http://faq.sw-soft.com/article_50_184_en.html

But it doesn't make much sense to me, my MX records do point to the server.

The article you link to addresses login issues where an error message is returned.

In my case, no error message is returned because no error is occurring. The login is successful according to the logs. That leads me to believe it's some sort of session issue. Since most of my customers can login I'm thinking it might be cookie settings on individual browsers. I am having one of my clients look into this and I'll post my findings.

Well, none of mine can on any account. and I get "Login Failed" at the top. With similar log messages that have been posted in here.

Holy **** I fixed it!

Ok... so here goes how I fixed this probem..

After spending hours crawling around in .ini this .conf that.

I decided to roll the dice.

I went to the plesk admin panel and then went to updater. I noticed that there were a lot of packages out of sync so I picked them all. And now I can log into horde!

My guess is it is one of the following:

"Additional Horde (webmail components for plesk"
"base packages of plesk"

Either way, I hope this works for those still having this issue!

Back