• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde Webmail always fails login

R

rspurlock

Hi all,

We're having an issue with Horde. Anytime anyone, and I mean anyone tries to log in, it says login failed.

Here's what the horde log says:

Sep 21 11:03:46 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN x.x.x.x to localhost:143[imap/notls] as [email protected] [on line 262 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

No other errors, just that the login failed. The apache logs so no useful info except that the login failed.

Can anyone point me to other areas where I can dig for errors? IMAP port 143 is open and working fine so this appears to be a HORDE/IMP issue only.

Also, if anyone thinks reinstalling would fix the problem, what would be the safest way to reinstall without causing problems to end users?

TIA
Rob

Resolved

Well, this turned out to be a simple fix. telnet to localhost 143 failed and the /etc/hosts file was missing the localhost line:

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain

While this had been missing for sometime, only after another issue caused problems did this issue come out. Adding the line back to the hosts file resolved the problem.

I have the same problem but I verify my /etc/hosts file and hast the localhost configured

So what else can be??

No I have a:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 6)
Kernel 2.4.21-27.ELsmp on an i686

Investigating a little more, I found that this problems is presented in just some accounts (maybe the 70% of all the accounts), I try accessing some old/newly created accounts and they access very fast (10 - 30 secs max) but the rest delays up to 5 or 6 minuts to login or simply they don't log.

Also noticed that this delay, is only at login, when the user gets logged, all the program functions are ok (all that not involves email listing or checking), the email list generation is slow, I mean near than 20 segs. How ever 20 segs is very slow comparing with the normal 3 to 5 segs.

the other thing noticed was that this problem is more complex (slower), in relation of the times the user, uses horde. For example I have all my email at the server (more than 2000+ emails) folder classified (inbox with less than 100 email). And always check my email by Outlook Express or ThunderBird. I use Horde very rarely, and my account does not have the slowing problem. In comparation of one user that always use Horde

I personally checked some of those slow accounts, and none of them has more than 1000 emails, they have less than 100 contacts (many of them have none), and their used space is between 5% to 10%.

This is a Horde problem, because I installed IlohaMail as an auxiliar WebMail program in the time I fix the Horde, and the IlohaMail is very fast in all aspects (also using IMAP as the protocol), and also I configure my Thunderbird, Outlook and Outlook Express in IMAP mode and all them worked very very fast (1~5 secs).

So any Ideas???

Back